Shredded brussels sprouts salad with strawberries is an easy and delicious salad. It is made with thinly sliced brussels sprouts, strawberries and walnuts tossed in delicately light vinaigrette dressing.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Brussels Sprouts
- White wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maple Syrup
- A food processor, mandolin slicer or a sharp knife
- Salad Bowl
This salad is so good! Not only is it crunchy, tangy and slightly sweet, it is packed with deliciously filling and healthy ingredients.
Brussels sprouts are a hearty vegetable that hold up well to dressing so you can make this salad and pour the dressing on ahead of time.
Serve Shredded brussels sprouts salad with grilled chicken or seafood for a quick and easy dinner.
The best way to shred Brussels sprouts
The easiest way to shave Brussels sprouts is to use a shredding disk on a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, a mandoline slicer or a very sharp knife works too.
Short cut! Look for pre-shredded Brussels sprouts in your supermarket.
How to choose and slice the strawberries
Look for strawberries that are bright red with fresh looking green tops. To slice the berries, use a pairing knife to cut off the tops and then slice them vertically into thin slices.
Storing shredded Brussels sprouts salad
The salad will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Replace the toasted walnuts with pistachios, pecans or toasted sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- Add a few tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese to the salad before serving it.
- Add purple shredded cabbage for extra color or taste.
You might also like these salad recipes
- pasta and spinach salad with chicken
- baby arugula salad with pistachios
- chicken chopped salad
- deviled egg salad
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Strawberries
A hearty and delicious salad that is the perfect side for any meal.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar3
- tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- pre heat oven to 375
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add walnuts
- Toast the walnuts in the over for approximately 8 to 10 minutes – remove and set aside
- Trim the Brussels sprouts and chop off the ends
- Using a food processor or sharp knife shave the Brussels sprouts and place into a bowl
- Clean and remove tops of strawberries and cut them into quarters and place into the bowl with Brussels sprouts
- Add the walnuts and mix all ingredients
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and pour over salad
Keywords: shredded brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts salad
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.