Slow Cooked Chili Chicken is slow-cooked chicken combined with Tex-Mex flavors. It’s perfect to eat as is or as a base for your favorite Tex-Mex foods.
This is one of our favorite slow cooker recipes. It’s not really chili, but it has all of the flavors of chili. It is the kind of recipe that you make a double batch of so you can enjoy it throughout the week. The first night we usually eat it as is with a side salad. Later in the week it might end up in tacos, on top of a salad or wrapped up in a burrito or a burrito bowl.
Slow Cooked Chili Chicken
It’s the perfect kind of no-fuss slow cooker dinner. All that you have to do to make this, is toss the ingredients into a slow cooker and come back a few hours later to a delicious piping hot bowl of chicken and beans.
Once the chicken is cooked, simply shred it with a fork and enjoy! We like to top the chili chicken with a heaping spoonful of homemade guacamole.
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2½ cups diced tomatoes - fresh or canned
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2½ cups black beans - optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Add chicken through beans to the slow cooker and cook for five hours on low
- Shred the chicken
- Add the lime juice and cilantro and serve
Ingredients/Tools Used in This Recipe…
Please note that some of these links are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through one of them, I will receive a small commission.
I’ve partnered with a few bloggers to share our favorite slow cooked recipes, you can check them out here:
Slow Cooker Day
- Chicken Pho in a Slow Cooker by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crock pot Caramelized Onions by Frugal Pantry
- Purple People Eater Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooked Chili Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken by Family Around the Table
- Slow Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken by Jonesin’ For Taste
Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!