Sourdough pizza crust is a tangy and flavorful pizza crust
Bread Machine Method
- Dissolve yeast, salt and honey in warm water.
- Place the sourdough starter into the bread machine along with the flour and the yeast, water mixture.
- Set the bread machine to the dough cycle.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before shaping it into pizza crust.
- Follow your faovrite pizza recipe to make a pizza.
- Dissolve the yeast, salt and honey in warm water
- Place the sourdough starter into a mixing bowl and add the yeast & water mixture
- Gradually add up to 3 cups of flour until the dough is no longer sticky. You can use a mixer or a spoon for this.
- Knead the dough 8 to 10 minutes using mixer or your hands.
- Coat the dough with oil and place into a bowl and cover. Place in a warm place and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size. This can take a few hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and allow it to rise for an hour longer.
- Follow your favorite pizza recipe to make a pizza
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade pizza, homemade pizza dough, pizza