Nourishing, tasty and quick are the words that describe this healthy Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowl that can be made in just minutes!
This post is sponsored by Nourish Bowls in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Believe it or not, this meal was on the table in about 15 minutes (it would have been ready in five if I didn’t make the pico de gallo ). Even though I love to cook, sometimes I just don’t have the time to make a healthy meal quickly, but now I can thanks to Mann’s Nourish Bowls. I love all kinds of fresh vegetables so I was excited when I heard about Mann’s Nourish Bowls; they are the perfect solution for a warm and nutritious meal in minutes.
Mann’s Nourish Bowls are packaged in single serving portions which is great when you are on the go or for the picky eaters in your life. I make a few different varieties of Mann’s Nourish Bowls at dinner and everyone’s vegetable requests are satisfied! Mann’s Nourish Bowls can be heated just as they are, or you can add your own touch like I did to this bowl. Even with my tuna addition, dinner was ready in a flash!
Tuna cooks quickly and I thought it would a make a tasty addition to the Southwest Chipotle Nourish Bowl. I seasoned the tuna with my own blend of Tex-Mex seasoning and seared it quickly in a cast iron pan. I heated the Nourish Bowl for four minutes while the tuna was cooking, and then I added a sliced avocado and pico de gallo. This is a filling, delicious and nutritious dinner that is worthy of company.
- For the Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ jalapeno pepper chopped - optional
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ahi tuna steak cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Southwest Chipotle Nourish Bowls
- 1 avocado cut in half and sliced
- Make the pico de gallo by mixing all ingredients together and setting aside
- Combine the chili powder, curmin, garlic powder and cinnamon together
- Rinse the tuna steak and pat dry
- Rub the spice mixture over each side of the steak and set aside
- Place olive oil into a cast iron skillet and heat it over medium/high heat
- While skillet is heating, cook the nourish bowls according to instructions on package
- Once pan is heated (about 4 minutes) add the tuna steaks and sear for about 2 minutes on each side
- remove from pan and set aside
- Assemble the bowls by adding ½ of the nourish bowl to each bowl top tuna, avocado and pico de gallo
I can’t say enough about Mann’s Nourish Bowls – a fantastic idea for a quick and healthy meal!
They are.. . .
- Super convenient – the vegetables are cleaned cut and ready to cook in their own bowl
- Loaded with nutritious vegetables and grains
- Filling and low in calories
- Perfect for anyone on the go
- A quick and healthy choice for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack
WIN A PRIZE PACK OF NOURISH BOWLS!
Join us on Facebook Live on the#SundaySupper Facebook page January 22nd at 4:00 pm EST to watch Family Foodie make one of her famous breakfast bowls with a Nourish Bowl. Enter comments during the session and you might be selected to win your very own prize pack of Nourish Bowls!
Don’t forget to follow Mann’s Nourish Bowls on . . .
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
Plus meet Gina Nucci, aka Gina Broccolini, one of the third generation family owners of Mann Packing – the creators of Nourish Bowls – in a Sunday Supper Movement Interview
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.