Strawberry and goat cheese appetizers are a breeze to make. They are perfect for a quick, nutritious and delicious snack, yet they are pretty enough to serve guests.
I received free samples of Breton Crackers mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe, I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Breton Crackers and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Fresh strawberries are in season now and I’m loving them served with just about everything! One of my favorites is with these Breton Artisinal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains crackers. Have you tried these light and crispy crackers yet? They are made with bits of sweet potatoes, and ancient grains such as quinoa, and rye. They are so good all by themselves, and even better when they are topped with strawberries and goat cheese. The sweetness of the strawberries mixes incredibly well with the tangy flavor of the goat cheese. And the crackers? Well they just pull it all together!
These tasty little bites are made with only five simple ingredients and come together in just a few minutes. While the strawberries are being chopped allow the goat cheese to sit at room temperature for easy spreading. Serve them at your next party and wow your guests.
- 8 to 10strawberries diced
- ⅛ cup onion diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 10 to 12 Breton Artisinal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains Crackers
- Mix strawberries, onion, basil and olive oil together and set aside
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of goat cheese on a cracker and top with strawberry mixture