Summer quinoa salad is filled with the flavors of summer. It’s slightly sweet and a little bit spicy. It’s perfect to make ahead of time for a summer picnic or pot luck.
I call this a summer quinoa salad because it’s filled with fresh and local summer goodness like peaches, peppers, onions and fresh cilantro. I picked up red quinoa to make this salad for the extra color, but you can use the white quinoa as well.
Summer is the season for picnics, the weather is warm and the days are long. Spring is here and it’s time to pack your baskets and head out for a picnic. When I think of packing a picnic basket, I think of cold foods that are easy to eat and that’s what this salad is.
Quinoa is a good source of protein and the creamy avocado adds a touch of healthy fat to make this salad filling and loaded with nutritious deliciousness. When you take this salad along to your next picnic, you really don’t need to add anything else to your picnic basket, but a sandwich or these grilled jerk chicken breasts would make a perfect pair.
Summer Quinoa Salad
A refreshing salad that’s slightly sweet and spicy. It’s gluten free, and vegan, vegetarian. #SundaySuper
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
- 3/4 cup diced peaches (1 to 2 peaches)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- place the peaches, onion, peppers, and quinoa into a bowl gently stir to combine
- add the avocado
- mix the dressing ingredients
- gently combine all ingredients
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 8.4g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 3.8g
nd now for more picnic recipes, and thank you, Christie, at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this week!
Best Picnic Recipes
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen