This super green smoothie is made with fresh and wholesome ingredients. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweet. It’s a smoothie in its purest form.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner which means a lot of green food will be coming our way. Some that’s good for you and some that’s not so good for you. This week the #SundaySupper tastemakers are here to help keep you from falling off the holiday wagon by sharing good for you healthy green recipes.
Even though I like to eat, I don’t really like to fuss with food in the morning unless it’s a breakfast smoothie. Smoothies are a no fuss way have a quick and nourishing breakfast. Just toss the ingredients into a blender and get out your straw. Once you get the hang of making smoothies, you really don’t even need a recipe. All you have to do is take a little bit of this and that from your fridge and freezer and voila – a healthy breakfast is ready!
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I made a super green smoothie with almost all green ingredients: spinach, cucumbers, avocados, kiwi, banana, water, chia seeds and hemp seeds. It’s loaded with fiber, healthy fats and protein. It will keep you feeling full until lunch, and thanks to the chia seeds, this smoothie is so thick you might want to grab a spoon!
- ½ cup packed baby spinach
- ½ cucumber chopped
- ¼ avocado cut into chunks
- 1 kiwi peeled in cut into chunks
- ½ banana sliced
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts or seeds
- ¼ cup chopped ice
- ¾ cup filtered water
- Place all ingredients into a
high speedblender and blend until smooth
- If you prefer your smoothies on the sweeter side, add a teaspoon of honey, maple syrup or a date to the mix.
- Get creative and change up the ingredients, here are my favorites to mix and match: kale, spinach, avocados, frozen or fresh fruit such as mangoes, berries, bananas, pineapple, oranges, nuts, seeds, mint, cilantro, protein powder and water
- Ice is not necessary if you use frozen fruit
- Make a double batch and save one for the next day
- Make a few packages of smoothie ingredients ahead of time and store in your refrigerator or freezer so all you have to do is blend and go
Here are 30+ more recipes to inspire you for a healthy St.Patrick’s Day! And thank you Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this event!
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Reply To: 03-12-2017 Healthy Green Recipes Final HTML