A tasty and easy shrimp dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, peeled and julienne sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper sliced into strips
- 8 ounces shitake or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup Kevin’s Natural Foods Thai Coconut Sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare the ingredients: rinse and devein the shrimp and set it aside. Clean and cut up the vegetables and set them aside. Measure out the sauce, curry paste and squeeze the lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the carrots, garlic and peppers to cook until they begin to turn soft – about 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them until they begin to turn pink which should be only a few minutes.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan with the shrimp.
- Stir in the sauce and curry paste, reduce the heat to medium to low and cook until the sauce is heated through.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve.
- replace the shrimp with 3/4 pound of chicken tenders or strips
- add more vegetables: add a handful or two of broccoli florets or sliced zucchini to the pan when cooking the vegetables.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp, coconut curry shrimp