Easy vegan cream of broccoli soup is a healthy bowl full of soup that’s rich and creamy!
- 1 large head of broccoli stems and florets, roughly chopped – about five cups
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews soaked in 2 cups of water for at least four hours
- up to 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the broccoli through garlic into a saucepan and cook covered over medium heat for about 20 minutes until broccoli has softened.
- While the broccoli is cooking, make the cashew cream by adding the cashews, and sea salt, to a food processor and gradually add the water until it reaches a creamy texture and set it aside
- Once the vegetables are cooked, use an immersion blender blend until the mixture forms a thick liquid – it may contain pieces of broccoli – if you prefer a smooth soup, blend until smooth
- Stir in 1/4 cup cashew cream and serve.
- You can easily substitute the cashew cream with a packaged nut milk
- Add a tablespoon of nutritional yeast to the soup for vegan broccoli cheese soup.