Whole Wheat Yorkshire Pudding
Yorkshire puddings are wonderfully golden and crispy muffins that are that can be served with a bowl of soup or a Sunday roast.
- Author: Anne
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: English
- pre-heat the oven to 425
- measure out one teaspoon of oil and place in each hole of muffin pan – this recipe makes approximately 15 to 20 puddings – so you will need approximately 15 to 20 teaspoons of oil.
- place the pan with the oil in the oven for 10 minutes until the oil becomes very hot
- Prepare the pudding batter which needs to be ready to pour into the pan as soon as the oil is hot
- in a large bowl combine 2 cup of flour and pinch of salt
- whisk 4 eggs separately and add them to the bowl of flour and salt – it may be lumpy
- whisk in 1 cup milk until all of the lumps are gone
- pour the batter into a small pitcher or measuring cup
- carefully remove the pan with the oil from the oven
- pour a small amount of batter into each cup until each is a little less than half full
- bake the puddings in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes — checking after 20 DO NOT open oven before 20 minutes is up.
- Puddings are done when they are golden and crispy – remove then from oven and pan as soon as possible
Keywords: yorkshire pudding, popover