Healthy Almond Joy Bites - Coconut, almonds and dark chocolate are sweetened with dates to make a joyful combination of sweetness.
These little bites taste just like an almond joy thanks to the sweetness of Medjool dates and coconut. Unlike refined sugar, dates are naturally sweet, full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals; sweet without guilt. They are a much better alternative to refined sugar to add sweetness to your life.
Healthy Almond Joy Bites are so easy to make, with only a few ingredients that are blended together in a food processor and then rolled and dipped in chocolate. They are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy kind of way and so are these No Bake Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownies.
Healthy Almond Joy Bites
This recipe makes 18 to 24 bites depending on how large or small you make them.
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 13 pitted dates
- 1 ½ Cups Unsweetened Coconut
- Up to1 Tablespoon of Water
- 6 to 8 Ounces Organic Dark Chocolate 70%or 80% Cacao
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 18 to 20 almonds
- Place dates and coconut into a food processor and process until they form a thick paste that you can shape with your hands
- If the mixture is dry, add water gradually and blend until consistency is reached.
- Roll the mixture into oblong pieces that are about one inch long
- Press an almond on top of each piece
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove with a double boiler
- Dip the date/coconut pieces into the chocolate and place on parchment or waxed paper
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate sets
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used