Welcome to Simple and Savory!
I’m so glad you stopped by Simple and Savory where you will find easy, delicious recipes that are made with real food.
One of the best things you can do for your health and wallet is to cook your own food. I know it can be difficult at times and you may even be intimidated, my goal is to help make your cooking experiences easy and fun.
“Make food simple and let things taste of what they are.”
Here is What you Will Find on Simple and Savory…
- Easy to follow healthy recipes, most with 10 ingredients or less
- Recipes made with real food, very few ingredients are processed
- Most of my recipes include options to transform them into gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan or suggestions to change them up
- Even though my recipes are simple and savory, there are some sweet recipes made with natural sweeteners such as dates, honey, coconut sugar or maple syrup. No refined sugar or artificial sweeteners ever!
My Food Philosophy….
- I love learning about where food comes from, especially local and fresh food
- I don’t believe in dieting. Healthy eating is NOT a diet, it’s a lifestyle.
- My first choice for ingredients is local, fresh and sustainable
- Everything in moderation – eat pizza, french fries, and ice cream on occasion – and try to make it yourself!
- Just eat real food – when you consume a diet that’s filled with wholesome natural food that’s mostly plant-based, you will easily be able to maintain your body weight and you will feel great!
- Everyone can cook! Make your own food so you can control what goes into it.
- You don’t always need a recipe or a lot of time to make a healthy meal
A Little Bit About Me
I live in Central New Jersey with my husband, daughter and my dog, Morgan who is also known as my food lab. I enjoy shopping for food at local farms and farmer’s markets whenever I can. Believe it or not, there are a lot of farms in New Jersey! You can read about one of the farms I frequently shop at right here.
I love to cook healthy food and I also enjoy being outdoors. In the warmer months you will find me in my vegetable garden, walking my dog or just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather.
The Food Lab
This is my food lab… her name is Morgan. She loves all kinds of food, even vegetables.
Morgan is always ready and willing to test out my recipes, even the fails. She’s also very good about picking of the crumbs that fall onto the floor.
How Can I Help You?
If you have a recipe that you would like re-created, a recipe for your brand or just want to say Hi! contact me at: email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you find a recipe or two that inspires you to cook and eat real food!