Get ready to fire up your grill and make these Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers that are made with fresh baby spinach and crumbly feta cheese. They are juicy, flavorful, gluten-free and low-carb.
- A quick and easy dinner, made with only 4 ingredients.
- It’s healthy made with lean turkey and nutritious spinach.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Ground Turkey (1 pound)
Baby Spinach ( 1 cup roughly chopped)
Feta Cheese (1/4 cup crumbled)
Fresh Oregano (2 tablespoons)
Olive Oil (if you are cooking your burgers in a pan)
A Grill or a Cast Iron Grill Pan
Here is How to Make Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
Clean and chop the spinach, place it into a bowl. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat if you are cooking the burgers on the grill.
Add the ground turkey, feta cheese, and oregano to the bowl with the spinach and mix everything together. Form the mixture into 5 to 6 burgers depending on how large you like your burgers.
If you are cooking the burgers in a skillet, heat a little bit of olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a skillet over medium to high heat, or brush a grill pin with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Once the grill or pan is hot, add the burgers and cook them on one side for 6 to 8 minutes and flip them over. Cook them for 6 to 8 minutes longer or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Total Estimated Time to Make This Recipe: 20 to 30 Minutes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
The Turkey – Ground breast turkey is my preference, and you can use a blend of dark and white ground turkey also.
Other Meat options – Any type of ground meat will work in this recipe. We like lean ground turkey breast or ground chicken for the mild flavor. Ground beef or lamb can be used too.
Oregano – 2 teaspoons of dried oregano can be substituted for fresh oregano.
Spinach – We like baby spinach in this recipe, and you can use the larger sized spinach too.
Frozen chopped spinach – Frozen chopped spinach that has been cooked and drained completely can be used also. Since frozen spinach has a stronger flavor, you will only need 1/2 of a 9-ounce package.
Serving Suggestions & Recipe Variations
Serve spinach and feta turkey burgers on your favorite whole-grain or sourdough roll or bread with a dab of mustard, sliced onions, and sliced tomatoes.
Make them low carb and serve your spinach feta burgers in a bowl on top of your favorite salad greens, Greek Salad anyone?
Spinach Feta Meatballs – turn the feta spinach turkey burgers into meatballs or meatloaf and bake them in the oven.
Change up your turkey burgers by adding 1/4 cup of sliced Kalamata olives or chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Storing and Freezing Leftover Turkey Burgers
Store leftover spinach feta turkey burgers in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container.
Freeze cooked feta spinach turkey burgers in the freezer for up to three months in a freezer-safe container.
Reheat the burgers on top of the stove in a skillet or the microwave. They can be reheated from frozen or thawed out.
Freeze raw turkey burgers in the freezer by placing them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are frozen. Place the frozen raw burgers into a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
You Also Might Like These Recipes
- Reuben Turkey Burgers
- California Burger Bowl
- Balsamic Caprese Chicken Burger
- Jerk Chicken Burger
- Mushroom Veggie Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for stovetop burgers)
- Clean and roughly chop the spinach; place it into a bowl. If you are cooking your burgers on the grill, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey, feta cheese crumbles and oregano to the bowl with the spinach and mix everything together with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Form the burgers into 5 or 6 burgers (depending on how large you like your burgers).
- If you are cooking the burgers in a skillet, heat the olive oil or brush it into the pan to prevent the burgers from sticking.
- Once the grill pan is hot, add the burgers and cook them on one side for 6 to 8 minutes and flip them over. Cook them for 6 to 8 minutes longer until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Fresh Oregano can be substituted with 2 teaspoons dry oregano
Frozen Spinach may be used in place of fresh: 4 ounces according to package directions, cool and dry thoroughly before adding it to the meat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.