Change up your burger routine with this Balsamic Chicken Caprese Burger. It’s made with fresh tomatoes, melty mozzarella cheese, basil, ground chicken breast, lots of garlic and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
This epic burger is part of #burgermonth, a deeeelicious month long event hosted by Girl Carnivore, but all opinions are my own.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh Basil
- Ground Chicken
- Fresh Mozarella
Estimated Time To Make This Recipe: 30 to 40 minutes
If summer could be a burger, this chicken caprese burger would be it! It is filled with fresh, flavorful summer ingredients.
Chicken burgers often get a bad rap because they are lean and tend to be dry. That’s not the case with these chicken burgers, they are moist and delicious. The mild tasting chicken is the perfect blank slate for piling on fresh ingredients.
The best part is the balsamic glaze when it gets soaked up by the roll. This is a burger made in heaven!
Ingredient Notes & Tips
How to grill a moist chicken burger
Ground chicken is very lean and can become dry. I’ve seen some recipes that add egg and bread crumbs to keep the burgers moist.
I like to keep things simple, and find that adding garlic or onion to lean ground meat and brushing the burger with a little bit of oil before grilling helps keep things moist.
Place the prepared chicken burgers onto a preheated grill over medium heat. Cook them for 6 minutes and flip them. If the burgers are sticking to the grill, let them cook a minute or 2 longer before flipping them.
Once they are flipped, cook for 5 minutes longer or until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
- Fresh mozzarella is the best type of cheese to use on these burgers, it’s soft and melts quickly. If you do not have fresh mozzarella, sliced from the deli or provolone will work too. But the fresh mozzarella tastes the best.
- Substitute the ground chicken with ground turkey or beef.
- If fresh garlic is not available, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for each clove.
- Store-bought balsamic glaze can be used in place of making your own.
Store leftover chicken caprese burgers assembled or unassembled in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Chicken burgers can be frozen before or after they are cooked. Here’s how:
- To freeze the burgers before cooking – place the uncooked burgers on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer. Once they are frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and place them in a freezer container. I like to use stasher bags for this. When it’s time to cook them, allow them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cook the burgers on the grill or skillet and add tomatoes, basil, cheese and glaze.
- Freeze the burgers after they have been cooked– place the burgers into a freezer container after they have cooled off. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and reheat them in the microwave or on top of the stove. Top them with fresh tomaotes, basil, cheese and glaze.
Change up the ingredients
- Add a slice of roasted peppers or cherry peppers to the burger.
- Add chopped oregano with the basil on top of the burger.
- Serve it on a bed of greens instead of a bun.
Cook the burgers in a skillet
These burgers can easily be cooked on top of the stove in a skillet. Here’s how:
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil
- Place the burgers that have been brushed with oil and garlic in a pan
- Cook for 7 minutes and flip. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes longer until the burger reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- Top with cheese and cover the pan until the cheese melts.
More Epic Burger Recipes
- Jersey Burger
- Caramelized Onion Burger
- Carribean Jerk Chicken Burger
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burger
- Veggie burger
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Give Away Alert!
Enter below to win the ultimate burger grilling kit!a Rafflecopter giveaway
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures 🍔A Day in the Life on the Farm 🍔 A Merry Recipe 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔Art of Natural Living 🍔 Caroline’s Cooking 🍔Chef Justin Grimm 🍔Chiles and Smoke 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔Comfortably Domestic 🍔Culinary Adventures with Camilla 🍔 Dixie Chik Cooks 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Everyday Southwest 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔Good Cook Doris 🍔Grillax: Fire. Food. Fun. 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 🍔 Jolene’s Recipe Journal 🍔 Karen’s Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate’s Recipe Box 🍔Kudos Kitchen by Renee 🍔Life Currents 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔Making Miracles 🍔Man Meat BBQ 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔Off the Eaten Path 🍔Our Good Life 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔Renee Nicole’s Kitchen – Everyday Gourmet 🍔 Sarah’s Cucina Bella 🍔Savoring Midlife 🍔 Seduction in the Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔This is How I Cook 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔What’s Cooking Italian Style Cuisine 🍔 Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen 🍔Wile E. BBQ 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen.
The #BurgerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.