Zucchini noodles cook up in flash for tasty and satisfying zucchini noodles with chicken and white beans. It’s an easy week night meal that is gluten-free.
This post may contain affiliate links, see our disclosure policy.
I’ve found that zucchini is one of the easier vegetables to sneak into every-day dishes thanks to its bland flavor. Its’ been hiding zucchini in my beef tacos for years without anyone noticing it.
The vibrant green color of zucchini noodles and soft but slightly crunchy texture may not be exactly the same as pasta, but they make an excellent pasta substitute that even the veggie haters in your family will enjoy. Zucchini noodles cook up super-fast while absorbing all the yummy flavors of the ingredients that they are cooked with. You will love this recipe that is full of flavorful fresh ingredients that can be on your dinner table in a flash.
All of the ingredients blend perfectly in this recipe. The chicken and beans add a dose of protein making it a complete nutritious meal all in one dish. Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- zucchini noodles – I use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles or you can buy them pre-spiralized
- olive oil
- lean ground chicken breast
- fresh garlic
- white beans
- fresh lemon juice
- white wine or vegetable broth
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
- fresh oregano
Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and White Beans Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
Prepare the ingredients
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles and set them aside
- Mince the garlic
- Slice the tomatoes in half and set them aside
- Squeeze the lemon juice, measure the wine or broth and set it aside
Cook the ingredients
- Cook the garlic and chicken
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans and wine or broth
- Add the zucchini noodles and fresh basil
Estimated Time to make this recipe: 35 to 45 Minutes
- For the pasta lovers add 2 to 3 ounces of cooked linguine into the mixture or substitute the zucchini noodles for 4 to 8 ounces of cooked pasta.
- Switch up the veggie noodles, try beet, butternut squash or sweet potato noodles.
- For a low-carb version, leave out the white beans.
- For a vegan version, substitute the chicken with 8 ounces crumbled tempeh or leave the chicken out.
Meal Prep Tips
This recipe can easily be chopped and prepped ahead of time for a super quick dinner.
- Cut up all of the ingredients and store them in the fridge for a day.
- For an even faster dinner, cook the chicken, garlic, tomatoes, beans and broth ahead of time and heat it up the next day and toss the zucchini in just before serving.
You Might also Like these Zucchini Recipes
- Easy Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles
- Savory Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Noodles With Lentil Marinara Sauce
- using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and set aside
- heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat - add the garlic and cook until it begins to soften
- add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes
- mix in the tomatoes, beans, lemon juice, and wine or broth; reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes longer
- stir in the fresh basil, oregano and zucchini noodles toss until heated through - approximately 3 minutes
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese - optional
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 plate
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g