Peppery arugula meets crunchy and slightly salty pistachios in an arugula salad that’s filled with healthy ingredients.
I received free samples of Wonderful Pistachios mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wonderful Pistachios and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my
The thing I love about salads is that you really don’t need a recipe, you can just toss whatever you have in your fridge into a bowl, mix up some dressing and you have yourself a salad. This salad is a little bit different, it deserves a written recipe because it’s that good.
Arugula Salad with Pistachios
Arugula Salad with Pistachios has a variety of textures and flavors that blend so deliciously well together. I love how the grainy quinoa attaches itself to the chunks of avocado while the Wonderful Pistachios and sprouts add some crunch.
This is one healthy and filling salad. In addition to the vegetables, it’s got protein from both the quinoa and the heart-healthy pistachios. Pistachios are one of the highest protein and fiber snack nuts. Scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces of pistachios per day of most nuts, such as pistachios as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease.
A trip to a local farmer’s market inspired me to make this salad. There is a regular vendor that always has a wide variety of salads, and the arugula salad is one of my favorites. This is my attempt at re-creating it with a few additions like pistachios.
- 6 - 8 ounces baby arugula
- ½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 3 to 4 ounces alfalfa or bean sprouts
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a few ounces of shaved fresh parmesan cheese - optional
- place all of the ingredients except for dressing into a salad bowl and toss gently
- mix up the dressing ingredients and pour over salad top with cheese if using, and serve
- *You may have extra dressing if you prefer a lightly dressed salad
Click Below to See more Wonderful Pistachio recipes.