Peppery arugula meets crunchy and slightly salty pistachios in a baby arugula salad that's filled with healthy ingredients.
This recipe was originally posted in 2018. It's been updated and new photos have been added.
You are going to love this light and refreshing salad. Arugula's peppery and almost bitter flavor comes to life when it's drenched in a honey lemon vinaigrette. The pistachios add just the right amount of crunch and the chunks of avocado melt into creamy little bites for a perfctly balanced salad.
Add grilled chicken or salmon to this salad and you have a full low carb and healthy meal in a bowl. Or serve it as a side salad with an eggplant parmesan casserole or baked manicotti.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and instructions.
Here is what you will need to make baby arugula salad with pistachios
- Baby arugula if you don't care for the peppery flavor of arugula, substitute it with baby spinach.
- Pistachios unsalted and our of their shell
- Fresh lemon juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Why This Salad Works
- It's a quick and easy salad to make with just a few ingredients.
- Arugula is high in fiber and has numerous health benefits.
- It can easily be turned into a meal with the addtion of protein.
Here's How to Make It
Place all of the salad ingredients except for the dressing and cheese into a salad bowl.
Mix up the dressing and pour it over the salad ingredients
Use a vegetable peeler to shave the parmesan cheese.
Mix all of the ingredients together and serve.
- Prepare and combine the ingredients for baby arugula salad with pistachios ahead of time and store it in the fridge without the dressing. Pour the dressing over just before serving the salad.
- Substitute the Parmesan Cheese for crumbles of blue cheese or shaved provolone cheese.
What to serve Arugula Salad With
This salad tastes great with just about any entree such as pork chops with vinegar peppers and potatoes, Cilantro Lime Shrimp, Grilled Chicken Breasts with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa, Fresh and Easy Blush Sauce with Pasta, Pasta with Bolognese Sauce, Ground Chicken and Pasta Casserole, Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers or pasta with mushrooms and spinach.
More Salad Recipes
Check out more of our salad and dressing recipes here!