Spinach salad with basil is a flavorful salad that is served with a warm garlicky dressing.
This is not your ordinary spinach salad. It’s much better than that. It’s a combination of spinach and basil that adds a savory yet sweet flavor to the salad. The traditional bacon in a spinach salad is bumped up a notch by replacing it with prosciutto.
The warm dressing ever so slightly wilts the spinach. It almost tastes like a pesto in a salad bowl. This salad is perfect for the winter even though it can be served any time of year.
Spinach Salad with Basil
This spinach salad is one of our favorite salads. Serve it all by itself for a light meal, or with a side of grilled beef, chicken or fish. It also tastes delicious with this Baked Pasta with Kale and Sausage Casserole. Here’s how you make it…
- 4 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh organic basil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 ounces organic prosciutto chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- place the spinach and basil into a salad bowl and mix together
- heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat
- once oil is hot add prosciutto, nuts garlic
- cook for about 3 to 4 minutes
- remove from heat and pour over the salad
- sprinkle with cheese and serve