This flavorful pasta salad is made with whole wheat pasta, baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and olives. It’s a perfect dish to bring to your next pot luck or summer party.
Summer is winding down and Labor Day, last hurrah of the summer is rapidly approaching. So let’s get grilling and celebrate the end of summer with #SundaySupper.
Salads are a staple at summer parties, and this salad is more like a pasta salad meets a spinach salad because when it comes to pasta salads, I like to feature the vegetables and let the pasta take a back seat. This salad was inspired by a dish that I had at a local restaurant, it was filled with pasta and had a very small amount of spinach. The veggie lover that I am thought it would taste much better if it was loaded up with spinach. So I gave it a try and it was much better.
Fusilli or shell pasta works well for playing up the spinach in this easy to make salad. All that has to be done to make this salad is cook the pasta, chop the olives and sundried tomatoes, wash the baby spinach, and mix up the dressing. It tastes great with a piece of grilled chicken, turkey burgers or black bean burgers.Print
Pasta Salad with Baby Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Pasta salad with spinach is a vegetarain salad that’s a good source of vitamin K, potassiou and fiber.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta – rotini (spirals) or penne work best
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes – julienne sliced
- 3 to 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse drain and place into a bowl
- add the sun dried tomatoes, only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”98″ data-gr-id=”98″>spinach and olives
- mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad
- Serving Size: approx 3/4 c
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 181.6
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Fiber: 4.6
- Protein: 8.5