Greek Pasta Salad is made with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and herbs in a lemony dressing – a cool and refreshing side for your next summer barbecue.
Did you ever notice that pasta salads are more pasta and less salad? My opinion is if the word salad is in the name, it should be made up of mostly vegetables and less pasta. So that’s what I did with this easy to make refreshing pasta salad.
Greek Pasta Salad
Even though it’s light on pasta, this Greek pasta salad is packed with flavor. It’s full of diced fresh veggies, olives, a hint of creamy feta cheese, then combined with a homemade garlic and lemon dressing.
This dish is easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time, and tastes great with your favorite burger or grilled chicken.
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad is a refreshing summer salad that’s packed with fresh vegetables, flavor and just perfect for a summer party.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta – we like small shells or ditalini
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Bermuda onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cook the pasta according to directions on the pasta package
- while pasta is cooking chop the veggies, and place the chopped cucumbers in a strainer to drain off excess moisture, then pat dry with a towel.
- once the pasta has been cooked and drained, place into a bowl, add the vegetables, herbs and cheese
- mix the dressing and pour over pasta mixture gently toss – serve cold or at room temperature
Change it up!
For a gluten-free version – use brown rice or chickpea pasta or omit pasta and add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
For a diary-free version omit the cheese or substitute with goat cheese.
Keywords: pasta, pasta salad, pot luck, greek salad
Ingredients And Tools Used to Make this Recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Pasta Bowls
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***