Zucchini roll-ups are thinly sliced zucchini stuffed with spicy guacamole. They are a tasty and healthy appetizer, and they are just perfect to serve at a spring or summer get together.
When I make appetizers, I like to make them simple and healthy while leaving some room for the main course. Guacamole is a favorite in our house, and sometimes I like to change it up a bit. Rather than serving guacamole with chips, the zucchini adds a clean and refreshing taste that compliments the guacamole while keeping the carb count low.
These rolls come together quickly, and the trick is to slice the zucchini as thin as you can. I used a vegetable peeler to get the slices nice and thin.
I then spread each slice with guacamole. . .
I rolled them up and garnished them with olives and tomatoes. It’s as easy as that to have a pretty appetizer on the table for your next party. You can use the guacamole recipe that’s below, or you can try my guacamole with goat cheese.
Zucchini Roll-Ups with Guacamole
You will just love these zucchini roll-ups with guacamole, they are low carb, gluten-free, and vegan. Here’s how you make them. . .
- 2- medium zucchini
- 1/12 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper - optional
- make the guacamole by mashing the avocados with a fork then combining remaining ingredients (garlic through jalapeno) and set aside
- using a vegetable peeler thinly slice the zucchini
- once you hit the center and the seeds use a sharp knife to slice that portion away and continue with the peeler
- spread guacamole onto each slice of zucchini - leave some room at each end and roll up
- garnish with olives, tomatoes, onions or salsa
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***