Air fryer zucchini chips are the perfect balance of crunch and flavor. They are easy to make with simple ingredients and perfect for a quick snack or side dish.
If you are a fan of crispy flavorful snacks, you are going to love these crispy air fryer zucchini chips. They are lightly seasoned and air fried to perfection. They are the perfect healthy snack!
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- Quick and easy! This recipe is so easy to make with just a few simple steps and a handful of ingredients.
- Healthy! These chips are healthy snack made with a little bit of oil and air fried to perfection.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fresh Zucchini
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Air fryer
- Small mixing bowl
- Microplane (to grate the cheese)
How to make air fryer parmesan zucchini chips
Prepare the ingredients: Rinse the zucchini. Shred the parmesan cheese and preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees f.
STEP 1: Slice the zucchini into thin slices that are about ⅛ inch thick. Pat the slices dry with a paper towel.
STEP 2: Add the zucchini slices to a small bowl and toss them in the olive oil and garlic powder.
STEP 3: Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on an air fryer basket or tray and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese. Air fry for 6 to 7 minutes.
Note: Cooking time can vary depending on the model of your air-fryer. The zucchini chips will be done when they start to turn golden brown and crispy around the edges.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Olive oil - This can be replaced with an equal amount of avocado oil or you can use olive oil spray or avocado oil spray on the zucchini slices.
Zucchini - For best results, use zucchini that is small to medium in size and free from soft spots or blemishes. Smaller sized zucchini are tender and the seeds are small.
This mild-tasting squash can be replaced with yellow squash which is very similar in texture and flavor to zucchini.
How to store leftovers
Zucchini chips taste best and are the crispiest just after they have been cooked. In the event that you end up with leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two in an airtight container.
Keep in mind that the texture will change and the chips will not be as crispy after they have been stored in the refrigerator. You can try popping them in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes to crisp them up.
If you like zucchini, try this stuffed zucchini recipe!
Homemade zucchini chips are a blank slate and perfect for adding more flavor. Here are some suggestions to change up your zucchini chips
Mediterranean - Add dried oregano or Italian seasoning to the zucchini slices.
Ranch - Sprinkle on your favorite ranch seasoning blend to taste before air frying.
BBQ - Coat the zucchini slices with barbecue spice rub to taste.
Tacos - Add your favorite taco seasoning blend to taste.
Sweet - Lightly dust the slices of zucchini with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar for sweet zucchini chips.
Serve zucchini chips seasoned with sea salt and black pepper as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce like this sriracha dipping sauce , marinara sauce, or as a side dish with your favorite burger or sandwich.
- To ensure even cooking, try to slice the zucchini rounds as uniformly as possible. A mandolin slicer or sharp knife are good for this.
- Avoid overcrowding; arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer with enough room so that the hot air can circulate around them.
- Zucchini has a high water content which an affect the crispiness of the chips. Before adding oil, pat the zucchini slices dry with a paper towel to soak up excess moisture.
It is not necessary to peel the zucchini for this recipe unless you want to.
Zucchini chips will not be as crisp as potato chips, but they also should not be soggy which could be caused by poor air circulation or undercooking. Rearrange the slices so that they aren't overlapping and pop them back into the air fryer for a few minutes longer to achieve a crispy texture.
Yes, you can make air fryer zucchini chips in the oven. Arrange the slices of zucchini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 375 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip them over and bake for a few minutes longer until they begin to turn golden brown around the edges.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE!
Whip up quick and delicious meals with the ingredients you have in your kitchen!
You might like these zucchini recipes
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- Prepare the ingredients: Rinse the zucchini and slice it into thi, about ⅛ inch thick. Pat the slice dry with a paper towel. Grate the parmesan cheese and preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees f.
- Add the zucchini slices to a small bowl and toss them in 1 teaspoon Olive oil.
- Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on an air fryer tray or basket and sprinkle with ½ teapoon Garlic powder and 1 teaspoon Grated parmesan cheese.
- Place the zucchini slices into the air fryer and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out my list of products and tools that I use all of the time in the kitchen!
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!