Hard boiled eggs are transformed into a healthier version of deviled eggs that are just as tasty even though they are mayonnaise-free.
Deviled eggs have always been a part of Easter for us. When I was growing up we would make deviled eggs using up the eggs we dyed for Easter. We often experimented with different combinations of ingredients and came up with some pretty good ones and some not so good.
These eggs look and taste similar to traditional deviled eggs even without the mayo. They are creamy with a little bit of a kick and naturally gluten-free, perfect for Easter or any time of year! Serve them at your next get together!
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons dijon or brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- up to 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickles or dill pickle relish - optional
- ½ teaspoon horseradish - optional
- place the eggs into a pan and cover them with water, bring to a boil
- once water boils turn the heat off and cover let the eggs sit for about 15 minutes
- rinse under cold water to cool off
- once eggs are cool enough to handle peel them and slice in half vertically
- scoop out the yolks and place the whites aside
- place the yolks into a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, mustard, and blend - gradually add the olive oil until mixture is creamy
- add the horseradish and pickles if using and stir with a spoon
- place the yolk mixture into a zip lock bag and cut off one corner
- squeeze the mixture into each egg white - garnish as desired
TIPS AND VARIATIONS. . .
- Eggs will be easier to peel when you add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water
- Substitute the same amount of hummus or avocado for the Greek yogurt
If you are looking for more easy and delicious gluten free recipes, check out my 10 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes for Summer.
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***