Veggie potato nachos are a tasty twist on traditional nachos. They are made with a base of thinly sliced potatoes that have been baked until crispy and topped with vegetables wrapped in Mexican spices.
Here is what you will need to make vegetable potato nachos
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- olive oil
- black beans
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- ground cumin
- cheddar cheese
- garnishes: green onions, salsa, avocado, shredded lettuce
- food processor, mandoline slicer, or a sharp knife
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- pastry brush
Estimated Amout of Time to Make this Recipe: 60 to 75 minutes
I like to re-create foods I try at restauarants so that I can have them at home.
And in most cases in a healthier version.
I recently had a taste of potato nachos in a restaurant. They were so good! Potato chips were piled high on a plate with chili and cheese. After a few bites, I knew I had to make these at home.
I love the idea of using crispy slices of potatoes instead of tortilla chips for a change, but I didn’t want to fry the potatoes. I sliced them super thin and baked them and the result was crispy slices of potatoes.
Next, I alternated layers of baked potato chips and toppings and added a touch of cheddar and baked them for a few minutes more.
Potato nachos are great for quick dinner or an appetizer.
How to make the best crispy baked potato slices
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible. I use a food processor to do this. A mandoline slicer or a sharp knife with a steady hand will work too.
- Once the potato slices begin to turn golden, check them often they will brown quickly at this point. And some potato slices may cook faster than others.
- An air fryer can also be used to prepare the chips which yields even crispier chips. Here is my recipe for air fried potato chips.
Store leftover potato nachos in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Please note, the leftover chips will not be as crispy as when they are fresh.
Freezing is not recommended.
Change it up!
Make it vegan
Leave off the cheese and drizzle on some vegan queso once the nachos are out of the oven, or sprinkle them with nutritional yeast.
Make a Meaty Version
Top the chips with chili place of the beans, here are a few chili recipes to try:
You might also enjoy these recipesPrint
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.