Boneless chicken cooks slowly with tomatoes, garlic, onions and jalapeno peppers for super flavorful crockpot chicken tacos. An easy dinner that everyone will love.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is what you will need to make easy crockpot chicken tacos
- boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- canned or fresh tomaotes
- fresh garlic or garlic powder
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- Soft or hard taco shells
- slow cooker
- Tacos Fixings such as: chopped lettuce, cabbage, diced onions, avocado, cilantro, shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese, salsa, lime wedges, greek yogurt, salsa.
Total estimated time for this recipe: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Tacos just got a lot easier
I used to make meat for tacos on top of the stove in a skillet. That is until I discovered just how unbeleivably easy is to make them in a slow cooker.
Except for the chopping of onions and garlic, there really isn’t a lot preparation time required to make these tacos – toss the ingredients into a slow cooker, set it on low and walk away!
When it’s time to eat, you will have a crockpot full of tender chicken that is ready to stuff in a soft or hard taco shell. You can double this recipe and freeze the leftovers for another day.
Serve them with
Recipe ingredient notes/substitutions:
Chicken – I like to use chicken tenders becasue they shred nicely. Boneless chicken breasts can also be used.
Tomatoes – When tomatoes are in season, I like to use fresh tomatoes in this recipe for a fresh flavor. When they aren’t in season, I use organic, low sodium tomatoes.
Jalapeno pepper – Is an optional ingredient. My preference is fresh jalapeno peppers, if you don’t have fresh jalapenos, about 2 tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapenos will work.
Fresh Garlic – You can substitute 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder for one clove garic
- Freeze leftover chicken in an airtight container or a stasher bag in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw the chicken the refrigerator overnight and re-heat it on top of the stove over low heat or in the microwave.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Add more Veggies – Add one to two diced carrots or zucchini (or both) to the crockpot. This was an old trick I used to use when my kids were young and would not eat vegetables.
Have you tried these Crockpot (slow cooker) recipes?
- Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken Stew
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken with Corn and Black Beans
- Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork with Homemade Sauce
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.