This delicious chicken sheet pan dinner is one that the whole family will love. It’s an easy dinner that is loaded with seasonally-inspired veggies and juicy boneless skinless chicken breasts tossed in a balsamic glaze. It’s a complete dinner made in one pan!
Thank you Melissa’s Produce for sending me free produce to make this recipe! As always all opinions are my own.
One-pan recipes are a great way to make a quick dinner, and this healthy sheet pan chicken recipe is perfect for busy nights, just like this one-pan oven-baked pork chop and vegetable dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
- Sheet pan dinners are versatile! You can change up the vegetables and use whatever you have on hand.
- It’s quick and for weeknight meals, just add everything to the baking sheet and bake it!
- This chicken sheet pan dinner is healthy, filled with lean chicken and vegetables.
Here is What You Will Need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
Boneless chicken breasts
Here’s How to Make Honey Dijon Chicken Sheetpan Dinner
Prepare: Clean and trim the Brussels sprouts, slice the onions, peel the butternut squash and cut it into chunks similar in size to the Brussels sprouts, cut the potatoes into chunks or if you are using baby potatoes, cut them in half.
Mix the oil, balsamic, crushed garlic, honey, mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set it aside.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 1. Arrange the vegetables on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer; add ½ of the sauce mixture and gently toss the veggies and the sauce together.
Step 2. Place the chicken pieces onto the sheet pan with the vegetables. Use a basting brush to brush the remaining sauce onto the chicken.
Tip! If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half ensuring they are in similar size so that they will cook evenly.
Step 3. Place the sheet pan into the hot oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Check the temperature of the chicken and the texture of the vegetables. If they are not done, continue to cook.
Note: Cook time can vary depending on the size of the chicken and vegetable pieces. Your dinner will be ready when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Can be substituted with boneless skinless chicken thighs or a combination of both.
Vegetables. Any combination of your favorite seasonal vegetables can be used in this recipe, such as: green beans, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, summer squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower.
Tip! Try using pre-cut butternut squash for an even faster chicken dinner.
Fresh garlic can be substituted with ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder for each clove of garlic.
Make Ahead Instructions
Sheet pan meals are perfect for prepping ahead of time and this simple recipe is no exception. To get a head start on this no-fuss dinner, all that you have to do is cut up the veggies while you are preparing another meal.
Store them in separate containers in the refrigerator for two to three days. When it’s time to make your chicken sheet pan dinner, simply add the prepared ingredients to the baking sheet, drizzle on the sauce, and bake!
Storing and Using Leftovers
Store your leftover chicken sheet pan dinner in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Serve leftovers for lunch during the week or another quick dinner.
Reheat leftovers covered in the oven at 325 degrees F until the ingredients are heated through or in the microwave.
Boneless Pork Chop Sheetpan dinner. Instead of boneless chicken, use boneless pork chops.
Change up the Sauce. Replace the balsamic vinegar with an equal amount of tamari or soy sauce. Or use a simple basting sauce of honey, mustard, garlic oil, and lemon juice.
Add Fresh Herbs. Add any combination of fresh herbs during the last 5 minutes of cooking such as thyme, rosemary, tarragon, sage, oregano, basil.
Even though this sheet pan chicken recipe is a whole meal by itself, you can get an extra serving of vegetables when you serve it with a side salad like arugula or spinach salad and a warm loaf of crusty bread.
You Might Also Like These Recipes
Join Our Mailing List to Recieve Weekly Menu Ideas and More!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 pound of baby potatoes
- 2 ounces onions sliced or pearl onions
- 2 to 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare the ingredients: Clean and trim the Brussels sprouts, slice the onions, peel the butternut squash and cut it into chunks similar in size to the Brussels sprouts, cut the potatoes into chunks or if you are using baby potatoes, cut them in half. Mix the oil, balsamic, crushed garlic, honey, mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set it aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the prepared vegetables on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Add one-half of the sauce mixture and gently toss the veggies and sauce together.
- Place the chicken pieces onto the sheet pan with the vegetables, and use a basting brush to brush the remaining sauce onto the chicken pieces.
- Place the sheet pan into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Check the temperature of the chicken and if is not at least 165 degrees, continue to cook for a few minutes longer.
Boneless chicken breasts can be substituted with boneless skinless chicken thighs or a mixture of both.
Fresh garlic can be substituted with ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder for each clove of garlic.
Vegetables can be substituted with any combination of your favorite seasonal vegetables.
Replace the chicken with boneless pork chops.
Change up the sauce and replace the balsamic vinegar with an equal amount of tamari or soy sauce. Or use a simple baking sauce of honey, mustard, garlic, oil and lemon juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ¼ lb chicken
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 10gSugar: 20gProtein: 43g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
This week I am participating with 25 bloggers sharing fall recipes, check our their recipes below!
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a ½ lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.