Easy oven baked pork chops with vegetables is a one pan meal made that is made with less than 10 ingredients and can be on your table in less than an hour. It’s perfect for a quick and nutritious dinner.
One pan roasted pork chop is a recipe that is super simple to make. It’s made with fresh ingredients that are mixed, cooked and served one pan. It’s full of flavor and easy to clean up.
You can serve oven baked pork chops with vegetables as a complete dinner, and if you would like and extra serving of vegetables you can serve it with a salad, steamed broccoli or green beans.
Here is What You will Need to Make This Recipe
Pork chops – I recommend pork chops that are at least one inch thick so that they don’t dry out. You can use boneless or bone in pork chops whichever your prefer. I like boneless for the convenience.
Sweet Potato – Nutrient dense sweet potatoes add a sweet touch to this savory dish.
Potato – The mild flavor picks up the flavors of the vegetables and meat.
Brussels sprouts – Full of nutrients and hearty enough to stand up to both the sweet potatoes and potatoes. If you don’t like Brussels sprouts you can substitute them with broccoli and/or cauliflower.
Shallots & Garlic – Add a boost of flavor.
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice – Will keep the dish from becoming too dry and add a touch of freshness.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s a quick, easy and healthy dinner that can be made in one pan
- It’s versatile, the ingredients can be easily interchanged and adapted
- It can be prepared ahead of time
How to Make Oven Baked Pork Chops with Vegetables
Prepare the ingredients, and begin cooking by adding the pork chops to a skillet and cook them until the start to turn light brown.
Remove the browned pork chops from the pan and set them aside. Add the vegetables to the skillet.
Quickly saute the vegetables with the garlic, shallots. olive oil and lemon juice. Cover the skillet and place the vegetables in the oven.
Nestle the pork chops with the cooked vegetables and bake them until the pork chops are cooked through, and serve.
Tips & Suggestions
- The pork cooks a little bit faster than the vegetables in this recipe. that is why it’s added later in the process. If you use pork chops thinner than one inch, you may have to cook the vegetables a little longer before adding the pork chops. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your pork chops are properly cooked to 145 degrees.
- This recipe can also be made on a sheet pan. But you will still need a skillet to brown the meat. To cover a sheet pan, use foil or another sheet pan for the cover.
- Boneless chicken breasts or thighs can be used in place of the pork chops, and the chicken will cook quicker.
- Change up the vegetables in this dish, here are some suggestions: Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots. turnips, or parsnips.
- For a lower carb version – Use 1/2 the amount of sweet potatoes and potatoes or leave them out completely.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigertor for 4 to 5 days. Freezing is not recommended.
You Might also Like these Recipes
- Pork Chops with Sauerkraut and Apples
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Citrus
- Garlic and Ginger Sweet Potato Mash
- Hasselback Pork Tenderloin
Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
Easy oven baked pork chops with vegetables is a one pan meal made with less than 10 ingredients is perfect for a quick and nutritious dinner idea.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil – divided
- 1 Pound boneless pork chops
- 1 pound (2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 pound russet potatoes (2 to 3 medium potatoes)
- 1 pound brusels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Prepare the ingredients: rinse, trim and cut the brussels sprouts in half. Cut the sweet potatoes and potatoes into chunks about an inch in size (similar to the size of the Brussels sprouts halves). Chop the garlic and shallots and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium to high heat, once the skillet is heated, add the pork chops. Cook for about 3 minutes until they start to brown. Flip them over and brown the other side and remove them from the heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, onions and garlic to the pan with the remaining olive oil and cook them for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and cover the pan
- Bake at 375 covered for 15 minutes until the vegetables start to become soft
- Remove the cover add the pork chops and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more until the pork reaches 145 and the vegetables are cooked to a texture that you like.
If you prefer your vegetables on the softer side, you may have to cook them for 20 minutes covered.
Keywords: easy oven baked pork chops, easy baked pork chops, one pan pork chops