Easy oven baked pork chops with vegetables is a one-pan meal that is made with 10 simple ingredients and can be on your table in less than an hour. It's perfect for a quick and nutritious dinner.
This easy dinner is made with tender pork chops and fresh vegetables that are mixed, cooked and served in one pan. This recipe is full of flavor and easy to clean up.
- It's a quick, easy and healthy pork chop recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
- It's versatile, the ingredients can be easily interchanged and adapted.
- These tasty pork chops can be prepared ahead of time.
Here is What You Will Need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps necessary to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
- Boneless Pork Loin Chops about 1 inch thick (1 lb.)
- Sweet Potatoes (2 medium)
- Russet Potatoes (1 to 2 small to medium)
- Brussels sprouts ( 1 pound)
- Olive Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped Shallot (1 small)
- Garlic (1 clove)
- Fresh Lemon Juice (1 teaspoon)
- Cast Iron Skillet or a Baking Pan
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer
Here is How To Make Easy Baked Pork Chops with Vegetables
Prepare the ingredients: clean and cut the vegetables into uniform-sized pieces; set them aside. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 1. Sear the Meat
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the chops into the skillet. Cook the pork chops for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove them from the skillet and cover them loosely with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
Step 2. Cook the Vegetables
Add the vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, shallot, and garlic) to the skillet and toss them in the remaining olive oil. Stir in the lemon juice and cover the skillet and place it in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, just until the vegetables begin to soften.
Step 3. Bake the Pork Chops
Remove the skillet from the oven and add the pork chops to the top of the vegetables; bake pork chops and vegetables uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Note: Cook time will vary for the pork depending on the thickness of the chops.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Pork chops - Bone-in pork chops or pork tenderloin (one pound) are a great substitute in this recipe. To prevent dry pork chops, they should be at least one inch thick, the thicker the better for juicy pork chops.
Bone-in chops will also work in this recipe, however, cooking time will be longer.
Boneless chicken breasts or thighs also taste great, you will need to reduce the cooking time by approximately 10 minutes (the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165).
Thinner cuts of meat (chicken cutlets or thin pork chops) are not recommended, they will dry out unless they are cooked separately and added to the vegetables just before serving.
Sweet Potato & Potato - You can use only sweet potatoes or potatoes in this recipe, instead of half sweet potato and half potato, just double the amount.
Brussels sprouts - If you don't like Brussels sprouts, try wedges of cabbage, carrots, turnips, parsnips, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Shallots - If you don't have shallots available, you can use 1 tablespoon diced onion.
Garlic - substitute ½ teaspoon of garlic powder if you don't have fresh garlic.
This is an easy meal-prep recipe. The vegetables can be cut up a few days ahead of time and stored in separate containers in the refrigerator. When it's time to prepare dinner, brown the pork chops and add the vegetables and cook.
Sheet Pan Pork Chops and Vegetables- This one-pan pork chop recipe can also be made on a baking sheet or covered casserole dish. You will still need to brown the meat in a skillet and place it on top of the vegetables on the sheet pan or casserole dish.
If you make this recipe on a sheet pan, the vegetables may need to cook a little longer in the oven since they aren't covered. Check them after 15 minutes of cooking time. If they are not beginning to turn soft, cook them for a few minutes longer before adding the meat.
For a Lower Carb Version - Use ½ the number of sweet potatoes and potatoes or leave them out completely.
Mustard Pork Chops & Vegetables. Add a tablespoon of dijon mustard to the oil before stirring it into the vegetables.
Change up the vegetables. Use any combination of your favorite veggies such as chunks of zucchini, peppers, butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower.
- Bring the chops to room temperature before cooking them which will help them to cook evenly through.
- Pat the chops dry with a paper towel before adding them to the skillet which will allow for the meat to brown quickly.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftover one-pan pork chops and vegetables in the oven in a covered dish at 350 until it is heated through or you can reheat it in the microwave.
Serve leftovers as they are, or slice the pork and stuff the pork and vegetables into a pita or roll or add it to a salad.
Freezing is not recommended for this recipe.
If you like this recipe, please comment and rate it below!
You Might also Like these Easy Pork Recipes
- Pork Chops with Sauerkraut and Apples
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Slow Roasted Pork with Apple Puree
- Hasselback Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Mediterranean Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork with Homemade Sauce
For more simple and delicious recipes like this, subscribe to our newsletter and receive a free e-book and meal suggestions straight in your inbox!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil - divided
- 1 Pound boneless pork chops
- 1 pound 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound russet potatoes 2 to 3 medium potatoes
- 1 pound brusels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Prepare the ingredients: rinse, trim and cut the brussels sprouts in half. Cut the sweet potatoes and potatoes into chunks about an inch in size (similar to the size of the Brussels sprouts halves). Chop the garlic and shallots and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium to high heat, once the skillet is heated, pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and add them to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes until they start to brown. Flip them over and brown the other side and remove them from the skillet.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, onions and garlic to the pan with the remaining olive oil and cook them for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and cover the pan
- Bake at 375 covered for 15 minutes until the vegetables start to become soft
- Remove the cover add the pork chops and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more until the pork reaches 145 and the vegetables are cooked to a texture that you like.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used