Healthy taco seasoning is the perfect mix of spices that are tossed together for a Tex-Mex spice blend. It’s loaded with flavor and takes just minutes to make.
This easy taco seasoning recipe is quick to whip up using spices you probably already have in your pantry. It’s healthier and more economical than the packaged taco seasoning mixes too!
In addition to tacos, homemade taco seasoning blend tastes great sprinkled on veggies or as a rub for steak or chicken and more.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s lower in sodium than packaged taco seasoning.
- It’s made with clean ingredients without fillers such as corn starch.
- No added sugar! Most packaged taco seasoning blends contain sugar.
Here is What You Will Need to Make This Easy Taco Seasoning
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- A small jar to store the spice mix in
Here Is How to Make Healthy Taco Seasoning Blend
Step 1. Measure the spices.
Step 2. Mix all of the spices together.
Step 3. Spoon the spice blend into a jar.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
This is a recipe that I don’t typically change around. Ground cumin and chili powder are the base of this recipe as long as they are in the mix, you can play around with other ingredients to come up with your own special blend.
Healthy taco seasoning tastes great on just about everything. Here are a few ways that we use it:
- ground beef, turkey or shredded chicken
- rub it onto boneless chicken breasts or pork chops before grilling
- sprinkle it on top of roasted or grilled veggies
- add it to a salad
- sprinkle it into scrambled eggs.
How to Store It
I like to make up a big batch of homemade taco seasoning and store it in an airtight container (a mason jar works well for this) and when it’s time to use it, it’s ready to go.
Taco spice blend will last for 6 to 8 months in your pantry.
You Might Like these Recipes
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl or jar, and mix or shake until all of the spices have blended together.
This recipe can be doubled for a large batch of taco seasoning mix.