Ribbons of zucchini with tomatoes and onions are mixed with a slightly spicy Asian dressing to make up this refreshing Asian Zucchini Ribbon Salad that’s just perfect for summer.
I hope you are ready for another zucchini recipe! My garden is starting to overflow with zucchini along with other wonderful fresh produce. Here is a basket of goodies that I picked yesterday, it’s so easy to be a vegetarian in the summer!
With fresh produce galore, I love trying out my spiralizer on many of the fresh fruits and vegetables to see what I can create, like these zucchini ribbons. They were so easy to make with the spiralizer, I decided to turn them into a zucchini ribbon salad.
There is no shortage of zucchini, and tomatoes are just starting to appear so the two seemed like the perfect combination for this salad.
This salad is super easy to make. The first step is to make the ribbons. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a mandolin slicer and carefully slice the zucchini horizontally.
Once the ribbons are made, the tomatoes are chopped and the onions are sliced.
Make the dressing, and pour over the salad and enjoy this bowl of summer goodness!
Spicy Asian Zucchini Salad
Asian Zucchini Salad is low carb, gluten free and less than 10 ingredients. It’s refreshing and light – perfect for a summer dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 small to medium sized zucchini
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 15 to 20 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Using a spiralizer or a mandolin make the zucchini ribbons
- Place ribbons into a bowl, add the onions,, tomatoes and sesame seeds
- Mix up the dressing and pour over the salad
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 5.9
- Sodium: 512.6
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3g
My Ingredient Picks. . .
Please note that some of these are affiliate links which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
- Eden Organic Tamari Sauce
- Eden Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- Spectrum Naturals Organic Unrefined Sesame Oil
- Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup
- Simply Organic Red Pepper Flakes
Check out a few of my favorite zucchini recipes:
- Easy Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles
- 63 Ways To Use Up Your Zucchini
- Zucchini Spagghetti with Lentil Marinara Sauce
Be sure to check the recipes below to see how the reduxers are shaping up their vegetables.
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***