Red white and blue salad is a festive colorful fruit salad made with juicy watermelon and sweet blueberries mixed with a naturally sweet lemony dressing. It’s refreshing and the perfect addition to a summer meal.
Here is what you need to make this salad
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
The ingredients are simple and fresh which is what makes this salad so good. Here is what you will need:
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh watermelon
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh mint and basil
- Olive oil
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Recipe Steps for Red White and Blue Salad
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Prepare the ingredients. Rinse and drain the blueberries, cut the watermelon and herbs
- Add the prepared ingredients to a medium sized bowl
- Mix up the dressing and pour it over the fruit and herbs
- Gently Mix in the Feta Cheese
Total estimated time to make this recipe: 20 to 30 minutes
Recipe Tips and Variations
- For a dairy-free or vegan version, replace the feta cheese with a white fruit or vegetable such as apples, jicama, or cucumber
- Substitute the lemon juice for fresh lime or orange juice
- Replace the watermelon with strawberries
- If you are not serving the salad right away, add the dressing 10 minutes before serving it.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like These Summer Favorites
- No Mayo Potato Salad with Herbs
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Caramelized Onion Burger
- Loaded Chopped Salad