Spiralized cucumbers tossed with grape tomatoes and fresh basil in a balsamic vinegar dressing – a cool and refreshing salad for the summer.
Summer and salad just go together, and so do cucumbers. . . they are cool, hydrating and refreshing. I finally upgraded from the little handheld spiralizer to one of those counter-top versions with the crank handle. I was holding out on buying one of these because I thought it was just one more thing to take up space in my kitchen, and the handheld was easy to store. But this is by far is THE BEST kitchen gadget EVER!
It’s so easy to use and clean, I don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Not only is it more efficient, there is less food waste, and the veggies are nice and crisp after they’ve gone through the spiralizer. Needless to say since I’ve had my new toy, I’ve been spiralizing just about everything I can get my hands on like this Veggie Noodle Salad and these Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and White Beans.
Not only is this salad pretty, it’s a tasty side dish for any summer dinner.
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ⅛ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Clean the cucumbers and spiralize them with a spiralizer and place into a strainer
- Place a paper towel on top and push down to release the liquid
- Spiralize or slice the onion thinly and place into a bowl
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place in bowl
- Add the cucumbers
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients into a small bowl and whisking until combined or use a small mason jar and shake
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix in
- Top with fresh basil
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***