Spiralized cucumber salad with tomatoes is full of fresh cucumbers, grape tomatoes, fresh basil then gently tossed in a homemade vinaigrette dressing. It’s a gluten-free, low-carb side dish, it’s the perfect summer salad.
This post may contain affiliate links for more information, please see our Disclosure.
Spiralized cucumber salad is a fun and easy salad to make, and it’s so refreshing!
The spiralized cucumbers remain slightly crisp, the perfect match for tomatoes and basil. The first time my spiralizer met a cucumber, I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be, and as you can see, it was a success.
The trick to a crispy spiralized cucumber is to run the cucumbers through the spiralizer, and dry them off before adding them to the salad.
- cucumbers – I recommend English or Persian cucumbers, they have smaller seeds and not watery as the traditional cucumbers,
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic – fresh or garlic powder
- oregano – fresh or dried
Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes and Basil Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Prepare the cucumbers by spiralizing them and draining them – Here is the spiralizer that I use.
- Slice the tomatoes and onions
- Mix up the dressing
- Combine the veggies in a bowl
- Pour the dressing over the top
Estimated time to make this recipe: 15-25 minutes
Varations and Tips for Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes and Basil
- Do not peel the cucumbers before spiralzing them, the skins add the crispness and contain vitamins
- This salad can be made a few hours ahead of time. Mix the ingredients together and use only half of the dressing, then store in the refrigerator. Add the remaining dressing just before serving.
- Store leftover salad in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
There are so many different ways to make this salad, here are a few suggestions:
- Change up the vinegar. Substitute white balsamic vinegar for the red wine vinegar and add a pinch of onion powder in place of the garlic.
- Leave the vinegar out. Use fresh squeezed lemon juice in place of vinegar in the dressing.
- Make A Greek Version. Substitute the basil with fresh oregano, add 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives and 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Change up the veggies. Replace the spiralized cucumbers with spiralized summer squash, or a combination of both.
- Serve your cucumber salad with tomatoes with grilled chicken, pork or seafood.
You Might Also Like These Spiralized Creations
Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes and Basil
A refreshing summer salad that’s made with spiralized cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh basil. It’s low carb, gluten-free and delicious!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Clean the cucumbers and spiralize them with a spiralizer and place them into a strainer
- Place a paper towel on top of the spiralized cucumbers and push then down to release the liquid, set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the other ingredients
- Slice one red onion thin and place into a bowl
- Slice one pint of cherry or grape tomatoes in half and place into the bowl with the onions
- Add the spiralized cucumbers to the bowl
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients (1/8 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 clove crushed garlic 1 teaspoon dried oregano) into a small bowl and whisking until combined or use a small mason jar to combine the ingredients and shake
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently mix in
- Top the salad with fresh basil
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox and is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe. It is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Keywords: salad, easy salad, cucumber