Spiralized cucumber salad with tomatoes is full of fresh cucumbers, grape tomatoes, fresh basil then gently tossed in a homemade vinaigrette dressing. It’s a gluten-free, low-carb side dish, it’s the perfect summer salad.
This post may contain affiliate links for more information, please see our Disclosure.
Spiralized cucumber salad is a fun and easy salad to make, and it’s so refreshing!
The spiralized cucumbers remain slightly crisp, the perfect match for tomatoes and basil. The first time my spiralizer met a cucumber, I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be, and as you can see, it was a success.
The trick to a crispy spiralized cucumber is to run the cucumbers through the spiralizer, and dry them off before adding them to the salad.
- cucumbers – I recommend English or Persian cucumbers, they have smaller seeds and not watery as the traditional cucumbers,
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic – fresh or garlic powder
- oregano – fresh or dried
Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes and Basil Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Prepare the cucumbers by spiralizing them and draining them – Here is the spiralizer that I use.
- Slice the tomatoes and onions
- Mix up the dressing
- Combine the veggies in a bowl
- Pour the dressing over the top
Estimated time to make this recipe: 15-25 minutes
Varations and Tips for Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes and Basil
- Do not peel the cucumbers before spiralzing them, the skins add the crispness and contain vitamins
- This salad can be made a few hours ahead of time. Mix the ingredients together and use only half of the dressing, then store in the refrigerator. Add the remaining dressing just before serving.
- Store leftover salad in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
There are so many different ways to make this salad, here are a few suggestions:
- Change up the vinegar. Substitute white balsamic vinegar for the red wine vinegar and add a pinch of onion powder in place of the garlic.
- Leave the vinegar out. Use fresh squeezed lemon juice in place of vinegar in the dressing.
- Make A Greek Version. Substitute the basil with fresh oregano, add 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives and 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Change up the veggies. Replace the spiralized cucumbers with spiralized summer squash, or a combination of both.
- Serve your cucumber salad with tomatoes with grilled chicken, pork or seafood.
You Might Also Like These Spiralized Creations