Asian chicken lettuce wraps are packed with lean ground chicken, fresh vegetables and tons of flavor. It’s a low-carb meal that is full of simple, healthy ingredients and it’s gluten-free.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Sesame Oil
- Ground chicken breast
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
- Tamari Sauce
- Rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Arrowroot or flour– to thicken the sauce
- Boston or Bibb Lettuce
- A skillet
The Lettuce Wraps
Last week I picked up a few beautiful heads of Boston lettuce at a farmer’s market, and the first thing that came to my mind was Asian chicken lettuce wraps. They are super easy to make filled with vegetables and chicken and they are made in one pan!
Boston lettuce which is in season in the spring has soft, tender cup-like leaves which are ideal to wrap around the delicately seasoned ground chicken and vegetables.
This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet, salty and crunch all in one bite. They taste great for dinner or lunch wrapped up or on a bed of lettuce leaves with a spoonful of steamed cauliflower rice.
Lettuce Wraps Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves
- Chop the vegetables
- Combine the sauce ingredients
- Make the slurry
- Heat the oil and brown the chicken and remove it from the pan
- Cook the vegetables
- Place the chicken back into the pan with the vegetables and stir in the sauce
- Thicken the sauce
- Place ¼ to half cup of the mixture into two to three stacked lettuce leaves and enjoy
Total Estimated Time to Make this Recipe: 35 to 45 minutes
Tips and Variations for Making Asian Lettuce wraps
- The best lettuce to use in this recipe is Boston Lettuce because of its large leaves. If Boston lettuce is not available, the next best option would be bibb lettuce, or any lettuce with larger sized leaves. such as red leaf, green leaf or romaine lettuce.
- Replace the ground chicken with ground turkey breast or ground pork.
- For a more substantial lettuce wrap, add ¼ cup steamed brown rice to your wrap
- Meal Prep Tip: double the recipe and serve it another night in a salad or rice bowl
- For A Vegan/Vegetarian Version: Replace the chicken with a block of crumbled firm tofu.
- Make Ahead Tip: chop the vegetables, mix up the sauce a day or two before and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve your lettuce wraps, cook the chicken and vegetables and add the sauce.
You Might Also Like These Chicken RecipesPrint
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.