Asian Lettuce Wraps are made with ground chicken breast that’s mixed with stir-fried vegetables, a little bit of rice wrapped and up in lettuce.
This month for The Secret Recipe Club I was paired with Jamie at Our Eating Habits. Jamie is a homeschooling mom that loves her family, Christmas, and Disney, and I’m guessing in that order too. She has a LOT of mouth watering easy to prepare recipes on her blog. You should head on over there and check them out. Here are a few that caught my attention: Falafel With Cucumber Sauce, Balsamic Roasted Cauliflower and Swedish Meatloaf which is a brilliant idea; Swedish meatballs made into a meatloaf!
After looking through Jamie’s expansive collection of recipes, I decided on the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I’ve never made lettuce wraps before, and they looked like the perfect quick and healthy meal. I would even put these into the category of make ahead and put together quickly on a busy night.
The ingredient list for these Asian Lettuce Wraps might appear long, but it’s an easy dinner to put together. Especially when the ingredients are prepped ahead of time.
The chicken and vegetables cook up fast, so be sure to have the rice ready to go.
To assemble the wraps, place the chicken, veggies, and rice on top of a lettuce leaf and roll them up — eat with your hands or a fork and knife – enjoy!
- 1 pound organic ground chicken breast
- 1 small zucchini julienne sliced
- 2 carrots julienne sliced
- ½ orange or red bell pepper julienne sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms sliced
- ⅛ cup tamari sauce
- ⅛ cup hoisin sauce
- 1½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon.sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 green onions chopped
- lettuce leaves - Bibb Lettuce or Romaine work best
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Stir fry the vegetables over medium heat until they are crispy and set aside
- Mix together the teriyaki, hoisin peanut butter, ginger, vinegar and oil and set aside
- Stir fry chicken until cooked through
- Add the sauce mixture along with the garlic
- Cook over medium for a few minutes until all is heated through
- Layer a lettuce leaf with rice, then chicken mixture. Top with green onion.
Variations. . .
- Substitute chicken with ground turkey or pork
- For an even lower carb version, omit the rice
My Ingredient Picks. . .
Please note that these are affiliate links which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I use myself. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
Try these vegetarian taco lettuce wraps for another wrap idea!