Summer salad with blueberries and cucumbers is a refreshing combination of blueberries, cucumbers, and feta cheese tossed in a lemon dressing.
The ingredients in this recipe might seem like they don't go together but they do! This salad is so refreshing and full of flavor. The blueberries add a slightly sweet flavor to the mild-tasting cucumbers.
What's not to like about a salad with blueberries in it? They add a sweet and slightly tart flavor to any of your favorite summer dishes. Try our homemade blueberry bbq sauce for a delicious treat the next time you grill.
Why this Recipe Works
- It's a delicious summer salad that's perfect for serving to your family or bring to a potluck.
- It's low carb and refreshing!
- Blueberry cucumber salad is made with just a few ingredients and takes just minutes to make.
Here is What You Will Need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
Here is How To Make Summer Salad with Blueberries and Cucmbers
Prepare all of the ingredients: rinse and drain the blueberries, chop the cucumbers into chunks about ¾ inch in size. Chop the fresh herbs and mix up the dressing ingredients.
Step 1. Place the blueberries, cucumbers, and feta in a bowl.
Step 2. Mix the blueberries and cucumbers together; sprinkle on the herbs.
Step 3. Stir in the dressing.
Estimated Time To Make This Recipe: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Cucumbers are mild in flavor, and smaller tender cucumbers taste the best in this salad. Look for smaller-sized cucumbers for the best flavor in this cucumber salad.
Substitute cucumbers with chunks of baby zucchini.
Feta cheese adds a salty, tangy flavor to this salad, but any cheese will work.
Substitute feta cheese with goat cheese crumbles, or mozzarella balls.
Mint & Basil. Fresh herbs are recommended in this recipe, I do not recommend substituting them with dried herbs in this summer salad.
It also tastes great as a side of with a frittata for brunch.
Tips and Variations
Make it vegan. Blueberry cucumber salad with feta can easily be transformed into a vegan recipe by leaving out the cheese.
Add melon. Add up to a cup of watermelon or your favorite melon to this summery salad.
Change up the fresh herbs. Try mixing up the herbs and use any combination of fresh spearmint, peppermint, lemon thyme, or oregano.
Change up the dressing. Use freshly squeezed orange or lime juice.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Due to the water content in cucumbers, this is a salad that won't taste that great if it's been in the refrigerator for more than a day or two. Store your leftover salad in the fridge for no longer than 2 days.
If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, it should only be made a few hours before serving for the best taste.
Blueberry and Cucumber Salad Common Questions
Here are the most commonly asked questions about cucumber salad with blueberries. If your question isn't answered below, leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Since most of the nutrients in cucumbers come from the skin, I don't recommend peeling them completely. However, if the skin seems thick or bitter, peel it off partially.
You might also like these summer recipes
- Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar
- Greek Chopped Salad
- Spicy Mango Salsa with Strawberries
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- No Mayo Coleslaw
Join our mailing list to receive weekly menu ideas and more!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 2 medium or 3 small cucumbers
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- clean, dry and chop the cucumbers into ½ to ¾ inch chunks and place them in a bowl
- clean and dry the blueberries and place them into the same bowl with the cucumbers
- add the liquid ingredients (2 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon honey) into a jar and shake it up OR add them to a small bowl and whisk them together with a fork
- Store the salad in the refrigerator until it's time to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Join our Facebook Group Make it Healthy, Keep it Simple for kitchen tips!