Summer cucumber salad with blueberries is a refreshing combination of blueberries, cucumbers and feta cheese tossed in a lemon dressing. It’s cool refreshing and the perfect simmer side.
- A quick and easy summer side dish perfect for when there is so much fresh produce
- Low carb, vegetarian with a vegan option recipe
- Made with simple fresh ingredients
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Estimated Time To Make This Recipe: 15 to 20 minutes
The ingredients in this recipe might seem like they don’t go together but they do! This salad is so refreshing and full of flavor. The blueberries add a slightly sweet flavor to the mild tasting cucumbers. Here are a few notes on the ingredients.
- Cucumbers – My first choice for this salad is Persian cucumbers. They are small and have a nice thin skin. My second choice is kirby cucumbers which are the most common in the summer. If you use kirby cucumbers, look for smaller ones because they will have a thinner skin.
- Feta Cheese – Feta chese tastes great in this salad, and it adds a little bit of a salty flavor to the salad. You can substitute the feta with fresh grated parmesan cheese or leave it out and add sea salt to your taste.
- The Dressing Ingredients – Homemade dressings are so easy to make, taste much better than store bought and you can adjust them to your taste. If you don’t have fresh lemons on hand, you can use the same amount of fresh orange juice or balsamic vinegar in place of the lemon juice.
- Mint & Basil – Chopped fresh mint and basil bring all of the flavors together in this recipe. You can also make this recipe with only mint or only basil if you like.
Summer cucumber salad tastes great with grilled chicken like these grilled jerk chicken breasts, or your favorite buger such as this Greek turkey burger or caramelized onion burger. It also tastes great on top of field greens.
Tips and Variations
Since most of the nutrients in cucumbers come from the skin, I don’t recommend peeling them. However, if the skin seems thick or bitter, peel it off completely or partially.
Make it vegan
Cucumber salad with blueberries salad is naturally vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by leaving the cheese off and flavoring it with sea salt or nutritional yeast to taste.
Storage & Make Ahead
Due to the water content in cucumbers, this is a salad that won’t taste that great if it’s been in the refrigerator for more than one day. Store your leftovers salad in the fridge.
If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, it should only be made a few hours before serving for the best taste.
You might also like these summer recipes
- Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar
- Greek Chopped Salad
- Spicy Mango Salsa with Strawberries
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- No Mayo Coleslaw
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.