Cucumber blueberry salad is the perfect summer salad. It's a refreshing combination of blueberries, crisp cucumber chunks, and feta cheese tossed in a tangy lemon dressing. It has the perfect balance of flavors and textures.
If you are looking for a light side dish for a family dinner or bbq, this salad will be a crowd-pleaser! Even though the ingredients in this recipe might seem like they don't go together, after one bite you will agree that they do. This salad is bursting with the fresh flavors of summer.
Spice up your summer meals with fresh blueberries! They add a sweet and slightly tart flavor to your favorite summer dishes. Try making our homemade blueberry bbq sauce for a delicious twist on traditional sauce at your cookout.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- It's a delicious salad that's perfect for serving your family or bringing to a potluck.
- It's versatile and healthy! This vibrant salad can be enjoyed as a refreshing side dish, light lunch, or a topping for grilled meat or seafood.
- This salad is simple to make with just a few fresh ingredients.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this chorizo and chicken breast recipe; scroll down for a printable full recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
How to make cucumber blueberry salad
Prepare all ingredients: rinse and drain the blueberries, and chop the cucumbers into chunks about ¾ inch in size.
Chop the fresh herbs and in a jar or small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together.
Step 1. Combine salad ingredients
Place the blueberries, cucumbers, and feta cheese in a bowl.
Step 2. Mix in fresh herbs
Add the fresh herbs and stir to combine cucumbers, blueberries, cheese, and herbs.
Step 3. Add dressing
Stir in the dressing and serve or refrigerate.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Cucumbers - Look for cucumbers that have thin skin and small seeds, such as Persian cucumbers, English cucumbers or Japanese cucumbers. These varieties have a mild flavor and crispy texture which are perfect in this salad.
Feta cheese - Adding feta cheese to this salad provides a delicious salty and tangy taste, however, if preferred, other types of cheese such as goat cheese crumbles, parmesan cheese or mozzarella balls can be used as substitutes.
It also tastes great as a side of with a frittata for brunch or tossed with baby greens or baby arugula for a more hearty salad.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Due to the water content in cucumbers, this salad won't taste that great if it's been in the refrigerator for more than a day or two. Store your leftover salad in the fridge for no longer than two days.
Make it vegan - Blueberry cucumber salad with feta can easily be transformed into a vegan recipe by leaving out the cheese.
Add melon - Add up to a cup of watermelon or your favorite melon to this summery salad.
Zucchini summer salad - Replace the cucumbers with chunks of baby zucchini. with chunks of baby zucchini.
Change up the fresh herbs - Mix the herbs and use any combination of fresh spearmint, peppermint, lemon thyme, or oregano.
Change up the dressing - Use freshly squeezed orange or lime juice.
Strawberry cucumber salad - Replace the blueberries with fresh strawberries.
- If you plan to make this salad a few hours ahead of time, add the dressing just before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
- Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving for the best flavor.
- Slice the cucumbers uniformly to ensure an even texture.
Since most of the nutrients in cucumbers come from the skin, I don't recommend peeling them completely. However, if the skin seems thick or bitter, peel it off partially.
This salad tastes best with fresh ingredients, and I don't recommend using frozen blueberries. If you do use frozen blueberries, thaw them completely before adding them to the salad.
Are you too tired to cook dinner?
If you're feeling uninspired when it's time to cook dinner, this free guide will help you make a quick and healthy dinner with ingredients you have in your kitchen.
You might also like these summer recipes
- Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar
- Greek Chopped Salad
- Spicy Mango Salsa with Strawberries
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- No Mayo Coleslaw
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 3 small cucumbers
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- clean, dry and chop the cucumbers into ½ to ¾ inch chunks and place them in a bowl
- rinse and dry the blueberries and place them into the same bowl with the cucumbers
- add the liquid ingredients (2 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon honey) into a jar and shake it up OR add them to a small bowl and whisk them together.
- pour the dressing over the salad ingredients
- Store the salad in the refrigerator until it's time to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!