You won’t miss the mayonnaise in this no-mayo coleslaw. It’s a little bit spicy and a little bit creamy and full of flavor.
I love the warmer weather and all of the delicious fresh produce that comes with it. Especially when the vegetables are fresh from the garden or a local farmer’s market, they taste so good when they are fresh.
I don’t know about you, but it’s the cabbage that I like the most about the coleslaw. Since this coleslaw doesn’t have any mayo, the flavor of the cabbage really stands out. It’s an easy coleslaw to put together. I use purple and green cabbage along with a few scallions, and sometimes I add carrots. Once made, this will hold up in the refrigerator for up to three days without getting soggy.
- For the dressing
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic clove crushed
- For the vegetables
- ½ medium head of green cabbage
- ½ medium head of purple cabbage
- 1 to 2 grated carrots
- ½ cup of sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside
- Using a food processor or mandoline slicer, shred the cabbage
- Add the scallions and toss ingredients
- Pour the dressing over top and mix in well
- Add the parsley
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
VARIATIONS. . .
- For Mexican Coleslaw: use 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons mustard, 1 jalapeno, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- For Asian Coleslaw: use 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/4 cup oil
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***