Cucumber hummus appetizers are made with crisp cucumber slices and creamy hummus, they are a delicious mix of cool, crisp, and creamy. These bite-sized appetizers are the perfect finger food appetizer or healthy snack.
Quick and healthy appetizers are so easy to make! If you like this tasty cucumber hummus appetizer recipe, you might like these zucchini roll-ups.
Why you will love this recipe
- They are a versatile healthy refreshing appetizer that tastes delicious.
- It's a simple recipe to make!
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fresh Cucumbers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Everything but the Bagle Seasoning
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
How to make these cucumber hummus bites
Prepare the ingredients: rinse and dry the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Cut the olives and cherry tomatoes in half and set them aside.
Step 1. Slice the cucumbers
Use a sharp knife and slice the cucumbers horizontally into ¼ to ½ inch thick slices.
Step 2. Top the slices with hummus
Arrange the cucumber slices on a serving tray or platter, and use a spoon to drop the hummus onto each slice of cucumber.
Step 3. Add the season blend
Sprinkle the cucumber slices with seasoning. then place a slice of tomato or olives in the center of each cucumber.
Step 4. Add the toppings
Place a slice of tomato or love in the center of each cucumber slice. Serve immediately or store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours before serving.
Tip! Don't slice the cucumbers too thin, they need to be sturdy enough to hold that creamy hummus.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
The full list of ingredients to make these hummus cucumber bites is above. Below are notes about some of the ingredients along with ideas for substitutes.
Hummus - Homemade or hummus from the grocery store will work, and you can use any flavor of hummus that you like in this recipe. Our favorites are classic hummus , roasted red pepper hummus or sun-dried tomato hummus.
Cucumber - You can use just about any variety of cucumber to make these appetizers. My preference is English cucumbers or small Kirby cucumbers.
I do not recommend using large cucumbers, the skins are thicker and they have large seeds.
Toppings - The tomatoes, olives, and everything but the bagel seasoning are our preferred toppings.
You can replace the toppings with your favorite spice blend or just salt and pepper, roasted peppers, red bell peppers, goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles. You can also serve these cucumber bites plain with just hummus on top.
These healthy appetizers are so versatile, and you can top them with any flavor of hummus and toppings that you like. In addition to the topping suggestions above, here are a few more.
- Yogurt - Instead of hummus, use thick and creamy Greek yogurt or tzatziki sauce and sprinkle on fresh parsley and sesame seeds or chopped red onion and dill weed.
- Guacamole- Top the cucumbers with guacamole with diced jalapenos and olives on top.
- Cream cheese or cottage cheese- Are also a great topping for cucumber bites. Sprinkle them with garlic powder, tomatoes, and chopped basil.
How to store leftover cucumber hummus bites
Even though they taste best when fresh, cucumber hummus bites can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two in an airtight container.
Recipe tips and questions
- Cucumber hummus bites taste best when they are cold, store them in the refrigerator until just before serving.
- For more decorative hummus bites, use a pastry bag to pipe the hummus onto the slices of cucumber.
Yes, you can make these appetizers a few hours before serving and place them in the refrigerator until just before serving.
Cucumbers don't need to be peeled, that's where most of the nutrients are! Sometimes the skins can taste bitter, in which case you might want to peel them or peel them partially.
Drop your email below and receive a list a foods that you need in your kitchen to make a quick meal!
Have you tried these cucumber recipes?
- Cucumber Watermelon Salsa
- Summer Salad with Blueberries
- Easy Spiralized Cucumber Salad
- Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup hummus
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning to taste
- 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 or 3 kalamata olive sliced
- Rinse and dry the cucumbers and tomatoes. Cut the olives and tomatoes in half.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cucumber into slices that are about ¼ inch thick.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on top of a serving tray and use a teaspoon to spoon on enough hummus to almost cover the cucumber.
- Sprinkle each slice with the seasoning and top them with slices each one with a slice of olive or tomato.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out more of our Appetizer Recipes here!