This air fryer egg bites recipe is an easy healthy breakfast recipe that is a super convenient way to start your day. These delicious vegetarian egg bites are packed with protein and vegetables, and they are a nutritious breakfast that can be made in minutes.
Air fryer breakfast bites are the perfect solution for a healthy breakfast on busy mornings. They are delicious, protein-packed, and incredibly versatile, allowing you to customize them with your favorite flavors and ingredients. See suggestions for variations below.
If you’re looking for more convenient breakfast ideas try this breakfast casserole.
Why you will🤍this recipe
- Air fryer breakfast bites are a healthy breakfast that is convenient and easy to make!
- Egg bites are a great make-ahead breakfast option. Make them in bulk and use them up during the week for a grab-and-go breakfast.
- They are customizable, add meat and any kind of vegetables that you like.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make these easy air fryer breakfast bites
Prepare the ingredients: Chop the vegetables and shred the cheese.
Step 1. Cook the vegetables
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium; add the vegetables and cook until they begin to turn soft. Turn the heat off and set it aside.
Step 2. Prepare the eggs
Whisk the eggs together with the milk in a small bowl.
Step 3. Assemble the egg cups
Arrange the silicone mold in an air fryer basket or tray. Divide the cooked vegetables evenly and spoon them into each of the silicone cups cupcake liners.
Step 4. Add the eggs
Top the vegetables with shredded cheese and pour the egg mixture on top. Place the egg bites into a preheated air-fryer at 400 degrees. f and air fry for 8 minutes
Step 5. Air fry
Air fry the egg bites until they are golden brown which is approximately 8 minutes. Once they are cool enough to handle, po the egg muffins out of the silicone egg mold and enjoy!
Note: Cooking time can vary depending on the model of your air-fryer. The egg bites should be golden brown and cooked all through.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Vegetables – You can use any vegetable you like when making these delicious egg bites. We like chopped asparagus, green onions, red onions, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, arugula or kale are also good additions. If you use spinach or arugula, you don’t have to cook them before adding them to the egg bite cups.
Cheddar cheese – Cheddar cheese can be substituted with any type of cheese such as mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, or feta cheese.
Milk – Substitute milk with a tablespoon of dairy free milk, heavy cream, or water.
How to store leftovers
Air fryer egg bites are not only an easy breakfast idea, but they are also a great way to make a large batch and enjoy them for breakfast throughout the week.
Store these easy air fryer egg bites in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat the leftover egg bites in the oven, microwave, or air fryer on a low setting.
How to freeze leftover air fryer egg bites
Air fryer egg bites are easy to freeze. Let them cool off to room temperature first. Then place the egg bites onto a rimmed sheet pan and place them into the freezer for a least an hour until they are frozen through.
Remove the frozen egg bites from the baking tray and place them into a freezer-safe container or a freezer bag for 3 months.
Reheat frozen egg bites from frozen in the oven, air fryer or microwave.
Add Meat – Add cooked sausage or bacon crumbles to your egg cups.
Tex-Mex – Add a 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of chili powder to the eggs and chopped jalapeno peppers for a spicy Tex-Mex version of egg bites.
Mediterranean – Add chopped olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, and chopped Greek oregano for a Mediterranean version.
- Preheat your air fryer before cooking them for the best results.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer! They are most efficient when the air can circulate around the food.
Egg bites can easily be made in a conventional oven. Follow the recipe instructions in the recipe card. Place the uncooked egg bites into a preheated oven at 400 degrees f. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden brown on top.
Egg bites do not typically stick to the silicone liner. Once they are cool enough to handle, you can fold the sides of the liner back and pop the egg cups out. If you are concerned about sticking, you can brush a little olive oil or cooking spray into each cup before filling them.
You might like these air fryer recipes
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Prepare the ingredients: rinse and chop the vegetables. Grate the cheese with a cheese grater.4 Eggs, 3 Mushrooms, 1/4 cup Chopped Broccoli, 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese, 2 tablespoons Bell Pepper, 2 tablespoons Onion
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Once it's hot, add the chopped vegetables and cook until they begin to soften. Remove the vegetables from the heat and set them aside.1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk in a small bowl.4 Eggs
- Arrange the silicone liners on an air fryer tray or basket. Divide the cooked vegetables evenly and spoon them into each of the silicone egg bite molds.
- Top the vegetables with shredded cheese and pour the egg mixture on top.1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Place the basket or tray into a preheated 400-degree f air fryer, and air fry for 8 minutes until they are cooked through and the tops of the egg bites are golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out my list of products and tools that I use all of the time in the kitchen!