This air fryer cauliflower recipe is so simple and delicious! Little cauliflower florets are coated in crumbs and air fried to make light and crispy cauliflower bites, they are a perfect side dish or snack.
Thank you Nairin’s for sending me free product to make this delicious recipe. As always all opinions are my own.
Why This Recipe Works
- The cauliflower cooks to cripsy perfection in about 15 minutes for a quick and easy recipe.
- It’s a gluten-free recipe when you use Nairn’s Oak Cakes.
- It’s a tasty and great way to enjoy an extra serving of vegetables as a healthy snack or side dish!
Here is What You Will Need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
Nairn’s Oat Cakes or panko bread crumbs
fresh cauliflower florets
Here’s How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
Prepare: Cut the cauliflower head into uniformly sized pieces. I like to cut them into smaller florets (about ½ inch) because they cook quicker, but any size will work.
Shred and measure the parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, onion and oregano. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Step 1. Add the crackers to a food processor or crumble process until they are crumbly. Add the cheese and seasonings to the crumbs.
Step 2. Dip each floret into the oil and then into the crumbs ensuring each floret is covered in crumbs.
Step 3. Depending on which type of air fryer you have, place the florets onto the air fryer tray or into the air-fryer basket in a single layer and place them into the preheated air fryer.
Step 4. Cook the florets for 8 to 10 minutes, check and flip them if necessary and cook for 7 to 8 minutes longer.
Tip! If your florets are large, more cooking time may be needed.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Cauliflower. Fresh cauliflower is recommended in this recipe. To save time, you can use precut cauliflower that is available in most grocery stores.
Cracker Crumbs. If you don’t have Nairn’s Oat Cakes, you can use panko bread crumbs.
Olive Oil. Can be swapped out one for one with melted butter or avocado oil.
Oregano, Garlic & Onion Powder can be swapped with 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning.
Make Ahead Instructions
This recipe comes together quickly, but if you want to speed the process up even more, prepare the ingredients ahead of time: mix the crumbs with the seasonings, cut the cauliflower into florets (or use pre-cut cauliflower).
Store the crumb mixture at room temperature and place the cauliflower florets into the refrigerator for three to four days.
How To Make Crispy Cauliflower Bites in The Oven
It’s easy to make these crispy bites in the oven. Here’s how:
- Prepare the ingredients following the recipe instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in crumbs and place them onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place the cauliflower into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, turn them over and bake for 15 minutes longer – until they become golden brown and crispy.
How to Store and Use Leftovers
Store leftover air fryer cauliflower in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Reheat the cauliflower bites in your air fryer or the oven.
Cheddar Air Fried Cauliflower Instead of parmesan cheese, use the same amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
Spicy Air Fried Cauliflower Add a teaspoon or more to your taste of cayenne pepper to the crumb mixture.
Serve your air fryer cauliflower as an appetizer with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce such as buffalo sauce or a tasty dipping sauce such as homemade blue cheese dip, caramelized onion dip.
Cauliflower bites also make a delicious side dish with just about any of your favorite main dishes. Our favorites to serve these with are Garlic and Herb Chicken with White Beans, Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Chops, or Hasselback Pork Tenderloin.
You Might Also Like These Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cauliflower Questions Answered
Here are the most commonly asked questions about air fryer cauliflower If your question isn’t answered below, leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I have not tried to make air-fried cauliflower with frozen cauliflower, but I think it would work if you thaw it and squeeze as much moisture out as you possibly can.
Yes, you can! If you use seasoned bread crumbs, you can leave the spices out and only use the seasoned crumbs.
Join Our Mailing List to Receive Weekly Menu Ideas and More!
- 1 small to medium head of fresh cauliflower.
- ¾ cup of Nairn's Oat Cakes crumbled (about 4) or panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the ingredients: Cut the cauliflower into uniformly sized pieces about ½ inch to 1 inch in size. Crush the crackers into crumbs using a food processor, blender or rolling pin and set them aside. Shred and measure the parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, onion, and oregano. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Dip each floret into the oil and then into the crumbs ensuring each floret is covered in crumbs.
- Place the florets onto the air fryer tray or basket in a single layer and place them into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook the florets for 18 minutes in total, checking them after 8 to 10 minutes. Flip them if necessary and cooked them for 8 minutes longer until they become golden and crispy on the outside
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cauliflower following the instructions above and place them onto the prepared baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes turn them over and bake for 15 minutes longer or until they become golden brown and crispy.
Olive oil can be swapped out one for one with melted butter, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
Oregano, garlic, and onion powder can be swapped with 2 ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning blend.
Add a teaspoon (more or less to taste) of cayenne pepper for a spicy version.
Use cheddar cheese instead of parmesan cheese for cheddar cauliflower bites.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower from Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from House of Nash Eats
- Roasted Grapes Crostini With Rosemary And Pecans from Eat Move Make
- Rosemary Roasted Cashews from SueBee Homemaker
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Coffee Cake from Devour Dinner
- Apple Pecan Loaf from Palatable Pastime
- Eggless Pear Almond Mini Loaves from Magical Ingredients
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Sweet Potatoes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candied Sweet Potatoes from Life Love and Good Food
- Chestnut Pesto Brussels Sprouts from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings