One pan garlic and herb chicken is full of fresh flavors. It’s garlicky, lemony and packed with fresh herbs. It is an easy one pan dinner that can be made in less than one hour.
Garlic,Herbs Chicken and White Beans – An Easy Chicken Dinner
Boneless chicken breasts are soaked in a super flavorful marinade made from fresh pureed aromatic herbs, lemon and garlic. The fresh herbs release their intense flavors for the chicken and beans to absorb as this dish cooks on top of the stove in less than an hour.
Enjoy garlic and herb chicken with white beans with a side steamed broccoli or a zesty arugula salad.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Garlic Herb Chicken with White Beans Ingredient List
The ingredients are pretty simple in this recipe. You can customize the herb combination and use any fresh herbs that you like. I have used as little as one or two herbs (rosemary and thyme) or you can use a full blown mixture of parsley, mint, rosemary, cilantro, sage, tarragon, and lavender. You really can’t go wrong here, it just depends on what you are in the mood for. Here is what you will need:
- fresh herbs of choice with the thick stems removed. Thin, tender stems at the top of the plant are fine since they will be pulverized and contain a lot of flavor.
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- red onions
- white beans – canned or dried beans that have been cooked
- white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or pinot grigio
How to Make Garlic Herb Chicken with With White Beans
The most time consuming part about this recipe is the time it takes to marinate the chicken. The longer the chicken has to soak in this super flavorful mixture of garlic, lemon and herbs the better. You can mix up the marinade the night before and let that chicken soak overnight.
- Prepare the marinade by adding the herbs, garlic cloves, oil and lemon juice to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is pureed.
- Place the chicken pieces into a glass or pyrex container and pour the marinade over the top. Cover the bowl and store the marinating chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet or your favorite skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil on top of the stove over medium to high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken pieces.
- Allow the chicken pieces to cook in the pan undisturbed for about 3 minutes, add the sliced onions to the ad cook them with the chicken
- Turn the chicken pieces over and add the beans.
- Add the wine and reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
Meal Plan Tip!
This is a recipe that you are going to want to make extra of because it tastes great the next day.
Make up a big batch early in the week and use it up during the week for lunch. Garlic herb chicken with white beans tastes great stuffed in a crusty roll, on top of a bed of field greens, with sauteed greens (spinach, kale or arugula) or all by itself.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken with White Beans
Boneless chicken breasts soak up the flavorful marinade that’s made of fresh pureed herbs and garlic.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic rough chopped
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 to one cup combination of fresh herbs such as: oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage
1 pound boneless chicken breasts cut up into cubes or chicken tenders
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium red onion sliced thin
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups white cannelloni beans
1/4 cup dry white wine
Make the marinade by placing 1 cup herbs, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup lemon juice and 4 clove garlic into a food processor or blender and blend until pureed, if the mixture is thick you can add a bit of water.
Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight if possible
Bring the chicken to room temperature, and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat
Add the chicken and allow to it to brown lightly then turn over, (about 3 minutes) then add the onion slices allow the chicken and onions to cook for 5 minutes
Next, stir in the white beans and wine, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes covered.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Keywords: One Pan, One Pan chicken, chicken