Lemon chicken with broccoli is one of the easiest dinners ever and has all of the components of a healthy delicious dinner. The fresh lemon flavor pairs perfectly with tender chicken and healthy broccoli for a simple meal.
The best part is that it's prepared in one skillet which means easy clean up. Serve it with a simple side dish such as steamed brown rice, whole wheat pasta, cauliflower rice or a baked potato for a complete dinner that the whole family will love.
This recipe was originally posted in 2019, it's been updated for content.
One-pan meals are easy recipes to make and so convenient. If you like this recipe, you might also like this honey dijon chicken sheet pan meal which is another easy one-pan dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's healthy and made in one pan with 7 simple and fresh ingredients!
- This recipe can cooked quickly, dinner will be on the table in less than an hour.
- Lemon Chicken with Broccoli is versatile. You can change up the vegetables and protein; see the suggestions below.
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and instructions.
Lemon Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Fresh lemon juice
- White wine
- Lemon slices
- Salt and black pepper to season the chicken
Equipment Needed to Make this Reicpe
How to make Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
Prepare the ingredients: Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse and cut the broccoli, chop the garlic, squeeze the lemon juice and slice the remaining half of the lemon.
Heat a tablespoon oil live oil in a skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook it for a few minutes until it begins to soften. Place chicken breasts into the pan and cook chicken breasts until they are golden brown on each side.
Stir in the wine and lemon juice and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Toss broccoli in the skillet and top the chicken with lemon slices. Cover the skillet and place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Note: this recipe makes a thin sauce, if you prefer a thicker sauce you can use a whisk to add a little cornstarch or flour to thicken it.
Total estimated time to make this recipe: 30 to 40 minutes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Chicken breasts cook quickly and are a better choice than bone-in chicken breasts for this recipe. Boneless chicken breasts can be substituted with boneless chicken thighs.
Olive Oil. Olive oil can be substituted with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Substitute garlic with ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
White Wine can be substituted with an equal amount of low sodium chicken broth to make this recipe.
Broccoli. Fresh Broccoli can be substituted one for one with frozen broccoli in this recipe.
What to Serve with Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
This recipe is a full meal all by itself but also tastes great with a zesty arugula salad, roasted potatoes, air-fried potatoes, or a piece of crusty sourdough bread.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Store leftover lemon chicken and broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Reheat leftovers in a covered skillet on top of the stove over low to medium heat or in the oven at 350 degrees F.
Lemon Chicken with Broccoli Recipe Variations
Lemon Seafood with Broccoli. Instead of chicken use a salmon, halibut or cod filet. Cooking time will need to be adjusted (about 5to 10 minutes less).
Change up the Vegetables. Instead of broccoli, use one to one and a half pounds of green beans or cauliflower.
You Might Also Like These Easy One Pan Dinners
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner
- Oven Baked Pork Chops with Vegetables
- Sausage Kale and Pasta Bake
- Honey Dijon Sheet Pan Dinner
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO RECEIVE WEEKLY MENU IDEAS AND MORE!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli about 3 cups florets
- ½ cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the 2 cloves of garlic, broccoli and squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice from the lemon. Slice the lemon and set everything aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and sear for 5 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken over, add the chopped garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer until it begins to turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the `½ cup wine and lemon juice.
- Add the broccoli place lemon slices on top of the chicken and cover.
- Place the covered pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove the cover and bake for about 5 minutes longer or until the chicken is cooked through 165 degrees.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Debbie Butler says
Why does this recipe have 36 total carbs? Is it the wine? I was going to prepare this recipe and pass it on to several Keto groups until I saw the carbs. On Keto your only allowed 20 total carbs per day!
Hi Debbie thanks for your comment! The Total carbs are 28 (the calculator picked up the wine as flour which I fixed) and it is from the wine. You can substitute the wine with organic chicken broth or water.
When do you add the garlic and sliced lemon?
Hi Julie! The garlic is added while the chicken is cooking and the lemon slices are added to the chicken just before it goes into the oven. I just updated the recipe, thanks for catching that!