Lemon chicken and broccoli is a quick, easy and super flavorful dinner that is made in one pan and can be on your table in less than an hour.
A quick and easy dinner idea
This lemon chicken recipe is going to become you new favorite recipe. It’s super quick, delicious and nutritious.
If you are counting carbs, consider this a full meal or you can serve it over a bed of cauliflower rice.
Carb lovers can serve lemon chicken with broccoli with a side of baked potato, brown rice, or whole wheat pasta.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is what you will need to make on pan lemon chicke with broccoli
Boneless chicken breasts – Are tender and cook quickly. You may also used boneless chicken thighs.
Fresh lemon juice – Adds a fresh and vibrant flavor to this dish plus a punch of vitamin C.
White Wine or Chicken Broth – I like to cook with a crisp white wine such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc. If you prefer chicken broth, use a broth that is low in sodium. Like Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Broth which comes in one cup portions.
Broccoli – Cut the broccoli into bite sized florets that are similar in size so that they cook evenly. You can also add slices of the top portion of the stem which is the more tender part.
Time Saving Tip! If you are pressed for time, look for broccoli florets in your supermarket that have already been cut up.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s a full dinner that can be made in one pan in less than one hour.
- There are only 7 ingredients needed to make it.
- The ingredients can be prepared ahead time for an even quicker dinner.
- The simple ingredients are the perfect combination of fresh, flavors.
How to make This Recipe
Lean chicken breasts are first seared in a hot skillet and then cooked in a light lemony garlic broth-like sauce. At the end of the cooking process the broccoli is added to the pan to cook quickly while it soaks up all of that flavorful sauce.
Sear the chicken breasts on each side until they turn golden brown
Add the wine and lemon juice, broccoli and top the chicken with lemon slices and bake it in the oven.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute the chicken for a wild caught salmon . halibut or cod fillets. Please note, that the seafood may take less time to cook.
- Change up the vegetables- substitute the broccoli for fresh green beans or spinach. When you use spinach add it to the pan once the chicken has cooked through just before serving. Allow the spinach to wilt slightly.
- Prepare the Ingredients Ahead of Time – Chop the broccoli, and garlic and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- This recipe hasn’t been tested with frozen broccoli,
You Might Also Like These Easy One Pan DinnersPrint
One Pan Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
A quick, easy and delicious one pan dinner that everyone will love
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove/Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli (about 3 cups florets)
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices – depending on the lemon you might get enough juice out of one half and use the other half for slices.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the 2 cloves of garlic, broccoli and squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice from the lemon. Slice the lemon and set everything aside.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chciken breasts and sear for 5 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken over and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer until it begins to turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the `1/2 cup wine and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Add the broccoli and cover.
- Place the covered pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove the cover and bake for about 5 minutes longer or until the chicken is cooked through 165 degrees.
Keywords: lemon chicken, chicken and broccoli, one pan dinner
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.