Turkey lasagna roll-ups are made with lasagna noodles that are wrapped around a filling made with ground turkey, sweet potatoes, and Greek yogurt for a unique twist of classic lasagna. It's the ultimate comfort food that's hearty, rich, and packed with flavor and the whole family will love it.
This lasagna recipe is so versatile. It's perfect to serve a crowd or your family on busy nights because you can make it ahead of time. It's also great for meal prep because it freezes so easily.
Serve turkey lasagna roll-ups with a salad for a filling, hearty and healthy dinner.
Why you will 🤍 this recipe
- Flavor! The savory filling has a touch of sweetness from the sweet potatoes.
- It's a great recipe for make-ahead dinners and family meals.
- Why you will 🤍 this recipe
- Here is what you will need
- How to make turkey lasagna roll-ups
- Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Make ahead instructions
- How to store leftover ground turkey lasagna rolls
- How to freeze turkey lasagna rolls
- Serving suggestions
- Recipe variations
- You might also like these recipes
- 📖 Recipe
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this lasagna rolls recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lasagna noodles
- Ground turkey
- Olive oil
- Sweet potatoes
- Greek yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Medium saucepan
- Lasagna pan
- Small offset spatula
How to make turkey lasagna roll-ups
Prepare the ingredients: Bake the sweet potato, cook lasagna noodles to al dente, and brown the meat and garlic. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
Step 1. Make the sauce
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic; cook for a few minutes and stir in the flour until it forms a paste. Reduce the heat to low heat.
Step 2. Add milk
Gradually add the milk while stirring constantly with a wire whisk until the sauce has thickened and stir in the cheese. Turn the heat off and set the sauce aside.
Step 3. Cook the turkey
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Once the oil is hot, reduce to medium heat and cook the turkey until it is cooked through.
Step 4. Make the filling
Combine the cooked turkey, yogurt, and the pulp from the sweet potato together. You can transfer the filling to a large bowl, but I like mixing it in the skillet.
Step 5. Assemble the rolls
Arrange the cooked lasagna noodles on a piece of parchment paper or a board. Add approximately 3 tablespoons of the filling to the top of each lasagna noodle. I like to make separate piles of the filling so that it's easier to spread the filling.
Step 6. Roll it up
Use an offset spatula to spread the turkey mixture over the lasagna noodle so that it covers ¾ of the noodle, and roll it up.
Step 7. Add the remaining sauce
Pour ½ cup of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and arrange the lasagna rolls seam side down on top of the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the lasagna, cover, and bake for
Ingredient notes and substitutions
The complete list of ingredients to make this recipe is above. Below are notes about some of the ingredients, along with ideas for substitutes.
Lasagna noodles - I like to use whole wheat lasagna noodles, and you can also use white flour noodles or gluten-free lasagna noodles also.
Greek yogurt - Use plain Greek yogurt which is thick and tangy. It adds a nice consistency and flavor to the turkey and sweet potato filling
Butter - Can be substituted with an equal amount of olive oil.
Make ahead instructions
This recipe can easily be prepared ahead of time in a variety of ways. You can assemble the entire dish or you can prepare the ingredients and assemble it just before serving.
To make ahead make the entire dish but don't bake it. Cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just before serving, bring it to room temperature and bake it at 350 degrees f. for 35 to 40 minutes.
You can bake the potatoes, cook the meat, make the sauce, and store all of the ingredients in the refrigerator. On the day of, boil the noodles and put them all together.
How to store leftover ground turkey lasagna rolls
Leftover turkey lasagna rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftover lasagna rolls in the oven or microwave until it's heated through.
How to freeze turkey lasagna rolls
Lasagna rolls can be frozen individually or assembled with the entire recipe and freeze it.
Freezing the rolls individually is a great way to make small portions ahead of time. Place each roll on a cookie sheet and pop it into the freezer. Once they are frozen, add the rolls to a freezer-safe container and freeze them for up to 3 months.
You can also freeze the entire dish once it's assembled, and store it in an air-tight casserole dish for up to three months.
Individual rolls can be heated from frozen or thawed in the refrigerator overnight. The assembled dish turns out best when defrosted overnight in the refrigerator and heated.
Serve turkey lasagna roll-ups with a side salad like this chopped salad and a hunk of bread.
Turkey lasagna roll-ups with tomato sauce - Replace the white sauce with a marinara sauce for a slightly lighter version and more traditional lasagna.
Change up the meat - Replace ground turkey with ground chicken, or ground beef.
Add vegetables - Add ½ to 1 cup of shredded zucchini or carrots to the meat in the skillet when you are cooking it.
Spicy turkey lasagna roll-ups - Add a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the sauce for a spicy version.
- Save time and bake the sweet potatoes ahead of time.
- Make a double batch of this recipe and freeze what's left for another dinner.
You might also like these recipes
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
For the Roll Ups
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 6 lasagna noodles
For The Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups milk
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and pierce the sweet potato with a fork. Place it on a pan in a preheated 400 degree f oven to bake for 50 minutes to an hour.1 sweet potato
- While the sweet potato is baking, start the water for the pasta. Add 6 lasagna noodles to the boiling water and cook for 8 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water.6 lasagna noodles
- While the pasta is cooking, brown 1 pound of ground turkey with two cloves of chopped garlic. Once the turkey is cooked, turn the heat off.½ pound ground turkey, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic
- Shred the Parmesan cheese and set it aside.¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Once the sweet potato(es) are cooked set them aside to cool
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan with the garlic. Once the butter is melted, add the remaining garlic. Turn the heat to low and stir in 3 tablespoons of flour to form a roux which is a paste.3 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 cloves garlic
- Gradually whisk in the 2 cups of milk by ½ cup increments at a time. Stir often. Once the sauce begins to thicken add more milk until the sauce has thickened. Add the nutmeg and reduce the heat to low heat to keep the sauce warm.2 cups milk
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and turn the heat off.¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees f
- Carefully slice the sweet potatoes in half, scoop out the pulp with a spoon and add it to the pan with the turkey.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix all of the ingredients together.½ cup Greek yogurt
- Arrange the cooked lasagna noodles on a piece of parchment or a board and add approximately 3 tablespoons of the filling to the top of each lasagna noodle. I like to make separate piles of the filling so that it's easier to spread instead of one big one.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the filling so that it covers about ¾ of the noodle and roll it up.
- Place ½ cup of the sauce in the bottom of an 8X8 baking dish and place the lasagna rolls on top of the sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the lasagna rolls, cover and and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!
Both healthy and delicious - my fave dinners!
Eileen Kelly says
This is such a hearty and flavorful version of lasagna. The sweet potatoes and yogurt mix, yum. A great dinner and my family loved it