Grilled Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Breasts is a delicious no-fuss meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner but also worthy of company.
Tender chicken breasts are soaked in a sweet and savory balsamic vinegar marinade, grilled to perfection, and topped with strawberry salsa. It's a refreshing dinner that the whole family will love.
Juicy balsamic chicken breasts with strawberry salsa are so easy to make on the grill. For a delicious dinner, serve it with an arugula salad for a side dish.
Why you will 🤍 this recipe
- It's a quick dinner, made with less than 10 ingredients and on your table in less than an hour!
- Lean meat tends to be dry, especially when it’s grilled. Marinating the chicken and topping it with fresh fruit adds moisture and flavor.
- It's a healthy recipe that everyone will love!
Here is What You Will Need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Fresh strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Maple syrup
- Grill, indoor grill or grill pan
- Paring knife
- Glass or ceramic dish to marinate the chicken
- Grilling tongs
- Meat Thermometer
Here is How To Make Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Strawberry Salsa
Prepare all of the ingredients: Mix the marinade ingredients together (balsamic, oil, garlic & maple syrup).
Just before you start cooking, clean, hull, and chop the strawberries, dice the onions, chop the basil and preheat the grill at medium-high heat.
Step 1. Marinate the chicken
Place the chicken breasts into a glass or ceramic dish and pour half of the marinade over the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator. Set the remaining balsamic dressing aside for the salsa.
Step 2. Grill the chicken
Once the grill is hot, reduce to medium heat and grill the chicken breasts for approximately 7 to 8 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees f.
Step 3. Make the salsa
While the chicken is cooking, make the salsa: add the chopped strawberries, onions, and basil to a small bowl; stir in the remainder of the marinade that was set aside.
Step 4. Add salsa and serve
Place the chicken on a plate and top it with fresh strawberry salsa.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Chicken. The best choice for grilled and juicy boneless chicken breast is to use boneless breasts that are ¾ to one inch thick. If the chicken breasts are thinner, they might dry out.
Boneless chicken breasts can be substituted with boneless chicken thighs.
Check out ButcherBox for humanely raised high-quality meat!
Onion. Any variety of onions can be used, but we like to use sweet Vidalia onions or red onions to make this strawberry balsamic chicken recipe.
Garlic. Fresh chopped garlic is always best, however, you can substitute it with ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder per clove.
If you love the flavor of garlic, you can add more. If you have bottled chopped garlic, use the recommendations on the package.
Maple Syrup. Adds sweetness to the marinade, it can be replaced with an equal amount of honey.
This is an easy recipe to begin making ahead of time. Here's how: make the salsa and marinate the chicken the night before.
Remove the chicken and salsa from the refrigerator while the grill is heating up, for a super-fast dinner.
Serve grilled balsamic chicken breasts with strawberry salsa with baked potatoes, grilled or roasted potatoes or pasta salad and a simple salad like this spinach salad.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Store leftover grilled strawberry balsamic chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
You can store the cooked chicken breasts already topped with the strawberry salsa or you can store them in separate containers.
Serve leftovers reheated in the oven or microwave, or toss the leftover chicken and strawberries with baby spinach, field greens or romaine for a tasty strawberry chicken salad.
Freezing is not recommended.
Add cheese. Sprinkle small chunks of mozzarella, feta cheese, creamy goat cheese or blue cheese over the chicken and strawberry salsa just before serving.
Change up the herbs. Add a few springs of chopped fresh mint to the salsa.
Add More Fruit. Add ½ cup chopped pineapple to the strawberry salsa.
- Try an instant-read meat thermometer for the quickest and best results.
- Be sure to use the reserved marinade and NOT marinade from the chicken to make the salsa.
You can replace balsamic vinegar with red wine vinegar. Since red wine vinegar is thinner are more tart, you may need to add a little bit of honey to the recipe.
You Might Like These Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- Balsamic Chicken Caprese Burger
- Baby Arugula Salad with Pistachios
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- Oblong pyrex or ceramic dish
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Clean, hull and chop the strawberries into bite sized pieces, dice the onions and chop the basil1 pint fresh strawberries, ¼ cup onion, ¼ cup basil leaves
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour half of the marinade over the chicken breasts. Set the remainder aside. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.1 clove garlic, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, ½ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat at medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, add the chicken breasts, reduce to medium heat and cook the chicken for approximately 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and top it with the strawberry salsa.
Leftover Suggestions & StorageStore leftover grilled strawberry balsamic chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can store the cooked chicken breasts already topped with the berries or you can store them in separate containers. Freezing is not recommended. Add slices of the cooked chicken breasts to a bed of field greens, arugula or spinach and top it with the strawberry balsamic salsa and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. See the article above for recipe tips, suggestions and more.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out my list of products and tools that I use all of the time in the kitchen!
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!
Leave a Reply