Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus is creamy, garlicky and full of flavor. Perfect for dipping your veggies, pita chips or favorite crackers.
There are a few healthy staples I like to keep in my fridge for snacks, and one of them is hummus. Even though it tastes nothing like cheese, when there is hummus in the fridge, I will usually bypass the cheese and opt for hummus when I’m looking for a quick snack. It’s a much healthier choice and in my opinion just as satisfying.
When I can easily make something myself, I will because it usually tastes much better, costs less and doesn’t have a list of unnecessary ingredients. Since basic hummus lends itself to being a blank slate, I like to make it a bit more interesting by adding flavors to it, like this Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus. The roasted garlic is milder and sweeter than raw garlic and it blends well with the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes.
Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
In addition to using this hummus as a dip for veggies and crackers, you can spread it on bread or a wrap to use in sandwiches. It will last in the refrigerator for about 10 days. Here’s how you make it.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato halves - rough chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- up to ¼ cup water
- heat oven to 375
- brush the garlic bulb with olive oil, wrap in parchment paper or foil and roast for 50 minutes, until garlic is soft - remove from oven and cool
- place the garbanzo beans, tomato halves, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice into a food processor, and squeeze the garlic which will be pasty out of the skins and add to the food processor
- process until all ingredients are blended
- gradually add water until hummus has reached desired consistency
Ingredients/Tools Used In This Recipe:
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***