This healthy buffalo chicken dip with Greek yogurt is rich in protein and flavor. It's a quick and easy recipe to make with just 8 simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes.
This dip is so good! It's made with healthier ingredients, and it's a delicious appetizer that everyone will love. It tastes great with carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and celery, as well as tortilla chips.
If you like hearty dips like this buffalo chicken dip, be sure to check out my pizza dip which is also made with a few simple, healthy ingredients.
Why you will🤍this recipe
- It's simple to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- It's packed with protein!
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Shredded Chicken
- Melted butter or olive oil
- Hot Sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Ranch Seasoning
- Blue Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Ovenproof Casserole Dish
- Cheese Grater
How to make this healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe
Prepare the ingredients: Shred the chicken, melt the butter, shred the cheddar cheese, and break the blue cheese into crumbles. Measure the Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and seasoning mix.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
Step 1. Combine the chicken and hot sauce
Stir the melted butter into the hot sauce and pour it over the shredded chicken in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients
Add the Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ranch seasoning, and blue cheese to the bowl with the chicken and mix all of the ingredients together.
Step 3. Add the dip to a casserole dish
Spread the dip into a small oven-proof casserole dish and add shredded cheese.
Step 4. Bake
Bake the casserole for approximately 10 minutes until the dip is heated through and the cheese has melted.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Shredded Chicken - You can make your own shredded chicken breasts which are super easy to make, here are instructions for how to make shredded chicken.
You can also use a rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken or cooked ground chicken.
If you want to try making your own shredded chicken, here are instructions for how to make shredded chicken.
Hot Sauce - I like to use Frank's hot sauce when I make Buffalo recipes, but you can use your favorite sauce.
Ranch seasoning - You can use store-bought ranch seasoning or you can make your own, here is my recipe for a homemade ranch seasoning blend. It's so easy to make and tastes great on so many things.
If you don't have ranch seasoning or the ingredients to make it, you can also use ¼ teaspoon of onion powder, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of dried chives in place of ranch seasoning.
Cottage Cheese - Look for cottage cheese that has 2% or more fat for the best results. I have found that cottage cheese that is low-fat/no-fat does not melt as nicely as cottage cheese that has a higher fat content.
Cottage cheese can be substituted with an equal amount of ricotta cheese or you can use all Greek yogurt.
How to make buffalo chicken dip ahead of time
This is an easy dip to make ahead of time, in fact, it tastes better! Mix all of the ingredients together and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
When it's time to serve the dip, bring it to room temperature and bake in a preheated 375-degree f oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
How to store leftovers
If you have any of this delicious dip left over, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Enjoy leftover dip cold or heat it up in the oven or microwave.
Add Veggies - Add diced veggies to the dip such as celery, carrots, and red bell peppers before baking it.
Add Pasta - Make it a dinner casserole and add up to a cup of small cooked pasta before baking the dip.
Vegetarian buffalo dip - replace the chicken with a cup of cooked cauliflower.
Serve Buffalo chicken dip garnished with green onions with fresh-cut veggies, pita chips, crackers or tortilla chips.
- Add the cottage cheese to a food processor and blend it for a smoother texture.
Yes, you can easily make this dip in a slow cooker. Simply add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
You might like these appetizer recipes
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- ½ pound shredded chicken about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter unsalted
- ¼ cup hot sauce such as Frank's
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
- Prepare the ingredients: shred the chicken, melt the butter, shred the cheddar cheese and break the blue cheese into crumbles. Measure the Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and seasoning mix. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir the melted butter into the hot sauce and pour it over the shredded chicken in a bowl. Stir to combine.½ pound shredded chicken, ¼ cup hot sauce
- Add the Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ranch seasoning and blue cheese to the bowl with the chicken; mix all of the ingredients together.½ cup cottage cheese, ½ cup Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning, ¼ cup blue cheese
- Spread the dip into a small oven-proof casserole dish and add shredded cheese.¼ cup cheddar cheese
- Bake the casserole for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until the dip is heated through and the cheese has melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used