This Buffalo Chicken pizza recipe is a delicious combination of buffalo chicken wings and pizza. It's perfect for an appetizer or dinner, and it couldn't be any easier to make.
If you love putting spicy buffalo sauce on everything, this will become your new family favorite! It has all of the deliciousness of buffalo wings and pizza in one bite.
Why you will love this recipe
- It's quick and easy to make! Ready to eat in 30 minutes or less; perfect for busy nights or pizza Friday!
- Flavor! If you love buffalo chicken and pizza, you are going to love this.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions that you will need to make this recipe. Scroll down a bit further for ingredient substitutions, and complete cooking instructions without photos which are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Cooked pizza crust
- Cooked chicken breast
- Hot sauce
- Butter or olive oil
- Green onions
How to make this homemade buffalo chicken pizza recipe
Prepare the ingredients: Make the pizza crust, shred the cheese, chop or shred the chicken, melt the butter and mix it together with the hot sauce.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 1. Add chicken
Add the chicken to the hot sauce mixture making sure that all of the chicken is coated in the sauce. Spread it on top of the crust.
Step 2. Add cheese
Add cover the chicken with cheese and bake it in a preheated oven until the cheese melts.
Step 3. Garnish
Top your pizza with green onions or red onion slices (optional). Slice and serve.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Pizza crust - You can use store-bought dough or make your own crust and bake it ahead of time. Here is my homemade pizza dough recipe.
Ready-made pizza crust from the grocery store or naan bread also works well and they save time!
Chicken - This is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Shredded chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken are perfect to use in this recipe.
Hot Sauce - I like to use Frank's red hot sauce, but you can use your favorite hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce
Cheese - There are three different kinds of cheese on this pizza; fresh mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and tangy blue cheese crumbles. You can use any variety of these cheeses that you like.
Chicken buffalo pizza is a great pizza to serve for a game day appetizer with a side of celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, charcuterie board, stuffed mushrooms or spinach balls.
It also tastes great as a main course with a salad.
Make ahead instructions
This is a great recipe to prepare ahead of time. Coat shredded chicken in the hot sauce mixture, shred the cheese and make the crust. Store the chicken mixture, and cheese in separate containers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Assemble and bake the pizza when it's time to eat.
How to store leftover buffalo chicken flatbread
Leftover buffalo chicken flatbread will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Freeze leftover pizza for up to 3 months. Here's how; assemble the flatbread and place it on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once the pizza is frozen, remove it and wrap it in freezer wrap or store it in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Cook the frozen flatbread from frozen by placing it on a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake at 375 until it is heated through and the cheese has melted - about 15 to 20 minutes.
Easy buffalo chicken pizza recipe variations
Vegetarian buffalo pizza - toss roasted cauliflower florets from a small head of cauliflower in the hot sauce and sprinkle on top of the crust in place of the chicken.
Lower carb version/gluten-free use a cauliflower crust in place of wheat-based crust or flatbread.
Add bacon - add bacon crumbles from one or two slices of bacon or Canadian bacon.
Add more vegetables - In addition to chicken, sprinkle the pizza with diced celery and chopped bell peppers.
Stromboli or calzone - instead of pizza, roll out the uncooked dough and top it with the chicken mixture and cheese. Roll it up for a stromboli or fold it over for a calzone - bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grate your own cheese to avoid any unnecessary additives that are used to keep the cheese from sticking together.
- Unlike traditional pizza recipes, cheese is added last. Which helps for a nice gooey cheese melt.
You might like these recipes
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 9 inch pizza crust
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ½ pound cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons [buffalo sauce]
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Prepare the ingredients: chop or shred the chicken, and shred the cheese
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the hot sauce.
- Add the chicken to the hot sauce butter mixture and mist to combine.
- Place a prepared flatbread onto a pizza stone or cast iron pan and spread the chicken mixture on top, then top with cheese
- Place the pizza into a preheaed oven and bake for 10 minutes until cheese melts
- Vegetarian Version – toss roasted cauliflower florets (enough to cover the dough) in the hot sauce and sprinkle on top of the crust in place of the chicken.
- Lower Carb Version/Gluten-Free – use a cauliflower crust in place of wheat-based crust or flatbread.
- Additional Topping Suggestions - sprinkle diced celery and bacon on top of your flatbread pizza for extra flavor.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out more of our Recipes for Two here!
This was so good! I used a flatbread from the supermarket. Definitely making this again, maybe with bacon the next time!
This sounds delicious - cannot wait to try it!