Veggie Lovers Pizza Wonton cups are bite-sized healthy appetizers that are filled with fresh vegetables and topped with pizza sauce and cheese. They are the perfect appetizer for your next party, game-day, or a quick snack.
This post is sponsored by JSL foods as part of Twin Dragon Blogger Recipe Challenge Contest as always all opinions are my own.
- Wonton Pizza cups are quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- This recipe is so customizable, you can use any kind of vegetable or meat that you like.
- The wonton wrappers are the perfect vehicle for finger food pizza toppings.
Here is What You will Need to Make Veggie Lovers Pizza Wonton Pizza Cups
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is How to Make This Recipe
Place one wrapper into each cup in a muffin or cupcake pan and mold it into the pan to form a cup.
Bake the wrapper cups until they begin to get cripsy.
While the wrappers are cooking in the oven, saute the vegetables.
Pat the vegetables dry with a paper towel, and place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture into each wonton cup.
Add the sauce and cheese to each of the cups and bake them.
Total Estimated Time to Make This Recipe: 30 to 40 Minutes
Even though wonton pizza cups come together quickly, you can easily get a jumpstart on this recipe and make them ahead of time by baking the wrappers in the oven and storing them at room temperature for up to a day.
Saute the vegetables and store them in the refrigerator for up to a day. When it’s time to enjoy your wonton pizza cups, assemble them according to the recipe instructions and bake them.
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftover wonton pizza cups that you have in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat them in the oven at 350 for 5 to 8 minutes to heat them through and crisp them up.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Make sure the vegetables are dry before adding them to the wonton cups to avoid soggy pizza cups.
Fresh mozzarella cheese works best in this recipe but can be hard to shred. Try placing it in the freezer about an hour before you plan on grating it to make it easier to grate. Or cut it into large chunks and place it in a food processor or blender to shred.
Substitute the vegetables in this recipe for any combination of your favorite vegetables such as chopped artichokes, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, arugula, or tomatoes.
Add meat such as chopped ham, prosciutto peperoni, sausage or ground beef.
Substitute the mozzarella cheese for provolone, swiss or feta cheese.
You Might Also Like These Recipes
- Approximately 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 12 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- ¼ cup diced bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced broccoli
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Chop all of the vegetables into small similar sized pieces and set them aside
- Brush each wonton wrapper on one side with olive oil
- Place the wrapper into a cupcake or muffin tin, pressing down on the bottom
- Bake the empty wrappers until they begin to crisp up, about 6 to 8 minutes
- Remove the empty wrappers from the oven
- Heat the remaining oil (1 tablespoon) in a skillet and saute the vegetables until they begin to soften (approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove them from the heat, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture into each cup and top with the sauce and the cheese.
- Bake the pizza filled wonton cups until the cheese melts and everything is heated through, about 8 minutes longer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
You can purchase Twin Wrappers at Walmart, Alberstons, Shaw’s, Vons, Stater Bros, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway, Assoicated Stores, Giant Stores, Stop N Shop, Winco and Price Chopper!
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.