Buffalo Chicken Flatbread is an excellent way to enjoy two game day favorites all in one bite – pizza and buffalo chicken.
It’s almost football season, and I have some delicious tailgating recipes for you that will have you ready to go for your football parties! To start things off, I made this Buffalo Chicken Flatbread.
We love spicy food, and that’s exactly what this flatbread is. The chicken is grilled in a spicy buffalo sauce then placed on top of a flatbread, and sprinkled with cheese, and green onions. Not only is it delicious, it’s E-A-S-Y. The hardest part is grating the cheese, which I highly recommend because pre-shredded cheese can contain all kinds of non-cheese related ingredients.
Even though this may have you thinking football, don’t wait for football season to make this, it’s perfect for a quick dinner or appetizer. You can make this in the oven or on the grill, which makes it just perfect for tailgating. I made my own whole grain flatbread, but you can use naan bread or pita bread if you don’t have the time. When the flatbreads are grilled, the cheese melts nicely and the onions stay fresh and green. Whichever way you choose to make it, you will just love this Buffalo Chicken Flatbread.
- 1 medium flatbread or 2 small
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ pound of boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 3 to 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce such as Frank's
- 3 green onions chopped
- Brush hot sauce onto chicken and grill over medium heat basting occasionally
- When cooked through - about 10 to 15 minutes remove from heat. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite sized pieces
- sprinkle the chicken pieces on the prepared flatbread, then top with the cheeses and onions
- place on the grill over indirect heat and heat until cheese melts - approximately 15 minutes
For More Tailgating Recipes, check these out. . .
Here are some more tailgating ideas from my blogging friends. . .
- Polynesian Chicken Wings by Family Around the Table
- Super Loaded Queso by Cooking With Carlee
- Pastrami Reuben Sliders by Palatable Pastime
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread by Simple and Savory
- Chicago- Style Hot Dog Cups by Amy’s Cooking Adventures