Jamaican Jerk Chicken burgers are tasty, lean burgers made with lean ground chicken and flavored with a homemade jerk seasoning blend.
You are going to love these flavorful jerk chicken patties! They are perfect for a quick dinner or to serve guests at your next barbecue.
- A quick and easy meal idea that can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- They are healthy, lean and packed with flavor.
- There are only four ingredients required to make this recipe.
Here is what you will need to Make Jerk Chicken Burgers
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is how to make them
It takes just a few minutes to put Jamaican jerk chicken burgers together, and they can be cooked quickly on the grill or on top of the stove. Here is how to make them:
First, prepare the burgers by combining the chopped onions and ground chicken in a bowl.
Add the jerk seasoning and mix everything together. If the meat mixuture is too soft to form into burgers, place it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before forming the chicken patties.
Form the seasoned chicken mixture into four patties using your hands or a burger press. Brush each pattie with tamari sauce.
Pre-heat your grill or a cast iron grill pan over medium to high heat. Add the burgers and cook them for 6 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 4 to 6 minutes longer until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Total Estimated Time to Make This Recipe: 25 to 35 Minutes
You can also serve your chicken burgers low-carb by serving them on top of your favorite lettuce topped with tomato and onions.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Reheat them in a pan on top of the stove, in the oven at low heat, or in the microwave.
Freeze your burgers by forming them into patties and arranging them on a parchment-lined baking sheet (uncooked) and place them in the freezer. Once the patties are frozen store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. We like these Stasher Bags for this.
Thaw them out in the refrigerator overnight and cook them according to the recipe instructions on the grill or in a grill pan.
Jerk Burger Variations
- Serve Jerk Burger Sliders at your next party. Shape the burgers into 8 or 9 patties and serve them in slider rolls.
- Turn them into meatballs. Instead of forming patties, form the chicken mixture into 1-inch meat balls and bake or fry them.
- Substitute Chicken with ground turkey or pork.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese before serving.
You might also like these burger recipes
- Spicy Jalapeno Cheeseburger
- Caramelized Onion Cheeseburger
- Mushroom Veggie Burger
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- California Burger Bowl
- ½ pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- ½ to 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- ½ tablespoon homemade Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- Mince the onions and add them to a bowl with the ground chicken.
- Add ½ tablespoon of the spice blend to the chicken and onions and mix everything together.
- Form the chicken into four patties using your hands or a burger press.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium to high heat. Cook the patties for 5 to 6 minutes on one side and flip them over. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
If the ground chicken mixture is too soft to form into burgers, place the meat in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes to chill the meat which will make it easier to form.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.