Jamaican Jerk Chicken burgers are tasty, lean burgers that are flavored with a homemade jerk seasoning blend.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Ground chicken breast
- Tamari Sauce
- Jerk Seasoning
Carribean Jerk Burgers are a quick and tasty dinner idea! They are lean and packed with flavor, thanks to homemade spicy jerk seasoning blend.
Jerk chicken burgers can be grilled or cooked on top of the stove. Serve these burgers stuffed into a crusty roll with a side salad or skip the roll an serve it on top of a bed of greens.
Here is how to make them
It takes a few minutes to put these burgers together, and they can be cooked on the grill or on top of the stove.
To prepare the burgers, add the ground chicken breast to a bowl, stir in the jerk seasoning blend and form the meat into four patties. Brush the burgers with tamari sauce on the grill or in a skillet.
How to keep the burgers together
Chicken burgers are more tempramental than beef burgers, place the burgers into the refrigerator before cooking if they appear to be too mushy for the grill.
How to store leftovers
Store lefotver Carribean Jerk Chicken Burgers in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Reheat them in a pan on top of the stove or in the microwave.
Freeze your burgers
Form the patties and arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet (uncooked) and place them in the freezer. Once the patties are frozen store them is a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Serve Jerk Burger Sliders at your next party. Shape the burgers into 8 or 9 patties and serve them in slider rolls
- Substitute Chicken with ground turkey or pork.
- Serve your burger on top of a salad
You might also like these burger recipes
- Spicy Jalapeno Cheeseburger
- Caramelized Onion Cheeseburger
- Mushroom Veggie Burger
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- California Burger Bowl
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burger
Jerk chicken burgers are lean, spicy and perfect for a quick and easy dinner!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
1 pound ground chicken breast
1/8 cup minced onions
1 tablespoon tamari sauce
1 tablespoon Carribean Jerk seasoning
Mix up the spice blend
Mince the onions
Add the ground chicken to a bowl
Add the onions to the chicken in the bowl
Add 1 tablespoon of the spice blend to the chicken and onions, mix well
Form the chicken into 4 patties and brush with tamari sauce
- Place the burgers on a pre-heated grill (medium to high heat) grill for 4 minutes, brush again with tamari sauce and flip
- Cook the burgers for 4 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 165
- Heat a cast iron skillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Place the burgers in the heated pan and cook 5 minutes, coat with tamari sauce and flip
- Cook the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes longer until they reach an internal temperature of 165
Keywords: jerk chicken burgers,chicken burgers, grilled chicken burgers
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.