Snickerdoodle hummus is creamy, naturally sweet and full of cinnamon. It’s the e perfect sweet snack that is good for you and it’s gluten free and vegan.
Today’s #SummerGrilling recipe has been sponsored by Farmer’s Pantry, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #SPONSOR #SummerGrilling #cornbreadcrisps
Dessert hummus is a thing, and a very delicious thing that doesn’t last very long when I make it. I have to say I was skeptical the first time I saw it in the supermarket. I could’t imagine that chickpeas could be transformed into a sweet dip until I gave it a try, and it works!
I make hummus a lot at home so I definitely had to add dessert hummus to the rotation, and snickerdoodle hummus was my first attempt with more to come. It is the perfect guilt-free sweet snack that tastes great when you dip fresh fruit or these Honey Butter Cornbread Crisps from Farmer’s Pantry in it.
These cornbread crisps are one of my new favorite snacks. There are three flavors, which are all delicious, and my two favorites are the honey butter and the jalapeno. I can almost taste the jalapeno cornbread crisps with a side of chili or crumbled on top of spicy mac and cheese when the weather cools off. But we are talking about summer grilling now, so I’m dipping them in a naturally sweet dessert hummus.
Here is What you Will Need to Make Snickerdoodle Hummus
- Almond butter
- Almond milk
- Maple Syrup
Snickerdoodle Hummus Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Place all of the ingredients except the milk into a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Gradually add the milk until it is creamy to your liking
- Adjust the sweetness and cinnamon to your taste and enjoy!
Total Estimated Time: 10 to 20 minutes
Tips and Variations for Snickerdoodle Hummus
- The best type of chickpeas to use in homemade hummus is canned or dried that have been soaked and cooked. A good creamy hummus needs to start with mushy chickpeas.
- A food processor is the best kitchen tool to use to make hummus. If you don’t have a food processor, a high speed blender will work, however, the hummus may not be as smooth.
- Change it up! Substitute cashew butter or peanut butter for the almond butter. The almond milk can also be substituted with cashew or coconut milk.
If You Like Homemade Hummus you Might Also Like These
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Easy Classic Hummus
Try mixing and matching the different flavors of #cornbreadcrisps with different hummus flavors. Which is your favorite?Print