Coconut, almonds and dark chocolate are sweetened with dates ~ a joyful combination of sweetness for sure.
We all need a little bit of sweetness in our life every now and then. That’s why I love dates, they are naturally sweet, contain fiber, vitamins and minerals. A much better alternative to refined sugar, or sweetness without the guilt. I’m still amazed at how many wonderfully sweet treats you can make with dates, healthy caramel anyone?
Once the dates are blended with the coconut in a food processor, it turns into a sweet paste that can be shaped into little mounds and dotted with an almond.
Dip them into a bowl of dark organic chocolate and let them chill until the chocolate hardens, and enjoy!
- Place dates and cocont into food processor and pulse a few times, until they form a thick paste
- Add water gradually and pulse until consistency is somewhat thick so that they can be rolled
- Roll the mixture into oblong pieces -- about one inch long
- Press an almond on top of each piece
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove with a double boiler
- Dip the date/coconut pieces into the chocolate and place on parchment or waxed paper
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate sets
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***