Peanut butter blossom cookies have been given a make-over into a better for you version. Healthy peanut butter blossoms taste just as delicious as the original version even though they are made with wholesome ingredients.
Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies
There are some holiday treats that I just can’t leave off of the cookie tray. Peppermint chocolate bites, chocolate chip cookies. and peanut butter blossoms are on that list. They have been a holiday favorite for as long as I can remember. And how can you leave peanut butter and chocolate off of the holiday cookie tray?
Peanut butter blossom cookies are made with a lot of sugar, and then they are rolled in more sugar. My first tweak was cutting the amount of sugar in half, and then I kept going.
I replaced white flour with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar replaces the refined sugar and brown sugar, and natural unsweetened peanut butter is used instead of sweetened overly processed peanut butter. When the finished product was given to my taste-testers (my family) they didn’t even realize that I had changed the recipe.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is what you will need
- whole wheat flour in place of white flour
- coconut sugar replaces both the brown and refined sugars
- unsalted butter always when baking so that we can taste the butter
- unsweetened peanut butter cuts back on the amount of sugar in the cookies
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate kisses or dark chocolate chunks
- sea salt replaces the table salt
- baking soda
- baking Sheet
- parchment Paper
How to Make This Recipe
- combine the sugar, butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl
- add the egg, vanilla, and salt
- mix in the flour and baking soda
- cover the cookie dough and refrigerate it
- shape the dough into balls and place on them on a baking sheet
- bake the cookies and each on of them with a dark chocolate kiss
- refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes, it will be much easier to shape them into balls
- rolling in sugar is optional
- remove the wrappers from the candies before cookies come out of the oven so that they are ready to place on top of the cookies while they are still warm
More Holiday Suggestions for You
- combine the sugar, butter and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- add the egg, vanilla and salt and mix at low speed until combined
- add the flour and baking soda with a mixer or wooden spoon - mix until all ingredients are combined
- cover the bowl and place dough into the refrigerator for
- 30 minutes pre-heat the oven to 375 and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper
- roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls into the coconut sugar if you are using it.
- place the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown
- remove the cookies from oven and gently press a kiss into the top of each cookie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.