Dark chocolate almond bites are made with deep dark cacao powder, chewy Medjool dates along with a hint of almonds and coconut. They take minutes to make, are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo friendly.
Don’t let the healthy ingredient list scare you away, these Dark Chocolate Almond Bites are decadent, to say the least. And there is nothing wrong with decadent being healthy is there?
Dark Chocolate Almond Bites
Medjool dates are naturally sweet, loaded with fiber and are an excellent source of potassium and vitamins. The almonds add protein, the cacao powder is rich with antioxidants and the coconut tops it off with its immune boosting properties. So go ahead and enjoy – they are made from wholesome naturally delicious ingredients.
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 12 Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- place almonds into food processor and process until crumbly
- add dates and cacao powder and process until mixture forms into a large cluster
- remove from processor and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- remove from refrigerator and roll the mixture into ½ in balls
- roll each ball in shredded coconut and enjoy
- Substitute peanuts, or cashews for almonds
MY INGREDIENT PICKS …
Please note that some of these are affiliate links which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***